Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On my white hockey stripe I have a choice to make between a plain white logo that outlines the letters in white and the letters actually become red (first picture), or a multi-colored logo which was the original logo on the car. Please vote... Every day I change my opinion... Please excuse the pictures as I took them when I was adjusting the rear springs.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I hope I can get some more feedback. Non-car friends and family all like the colored one... right now it is 2-0 in favor of white from car people.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Is without the AFR an option? Plain white with no letters would be my vote.

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is without the AFR an option? Plain white with no letters would be my vote.
AFR is the company that built all of the 'cuda parts, and the owner used my car to design a shaker for a SC and the rear spoiler, and in exchange he did some work without charging me. It is the first AFR 'cuda Stage III with everything they offer. He and I are friends so I want to keep his logo on the car. Thanks, though, for your comments. If I just had a plain HEMI lettering on it then white is the only way to go.

I could do a reverse on the logo so where the red from the body shows through would be white...

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Interesting idea! You mean kind of like Dodge did with the C stripe on a 1970 Super Bee, right? I will call ChallengerGary who made it on Tuesday.

Like this, or with the logo a little smaller.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Like this, or with the logo a little smaller.
Thanks for the mock-up. I think it is too much white for me. I am leaning towards the white logo. The nice thing is I can change it anytime for very little money. I also thought about just the AFR logo by itself without the line below that says CUDA. That may make it a little less "busy" and a little cleaner look...???

·
Registered
269 Posts
AFR is the company that built all of the 'cuda parts, and the owner used my car to design a shaker for a SC and the rear spoiler, and in exchange he did some work without charging me. It is the first AFR 'cuda Stage III with everything they offer. He and I are friends so I want to keep his logo on the car. Thanks, though, for your comments. If I just had a plain HEMI lettering on it then white is the only way to go.

I could do a reverse on the logo so where the red from the body shows through would be white...
I like those pics you just posted. Good idea! Car looks great.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I like the version Praise mocked up, but of your first two I would go white over the multicolor.

If you can remove the cuda and strobe part from the bottom it would probably help. The bigger issue is the AFR logo just isn’t the kind of font that you expect to see on a classic style like this so it’s kind of jarring for the eye. IMO it looks more like it would fit a Japanese car.

If there was any appetite for doing AFR but in a traditional “HEMI” font it would be worth considering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I like the version Praise mocked up, but of your first two I would go white over the multicolor.

If you can remove the cuda and strobe part from the bottom it would probably help. The bigger issue is the AFR logo just isn’t the kind of font that you expect to see on a classic style like this so it’s kind of jarring for the eye. IMO it looks more like it would fit a Japanese car.

If there was any appetite for doing AFR but in a traditional “HEMI” font it would be worth considering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm having a new logo done in white that is only the AFR letters. I think that will look better and be a little more classic even though I will be using the AFR font. I'll post pics... Thanks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts