Dip it.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
On wht?

·
Registered
305 Posts
I vote no. plastidip looks good, but once it starts coming off/fading, it makes your car look so bad. only thing you should plastidip is something that already looks terrible

·
Registered
456 Posts
I like it. There are so many colors now, just experimenting with different looks is really cool to me. Stripes, wheels, interior trim, just try a look and if you don't like it, take it off. Inexpensive way to change things up.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Dip it!

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I plastidipped my sidemarkers and they look bad ass!
Have u looked at them at night with lights on. Looks like a weird glowing border around the side markers. Idk wasnt for me imo

·
Registered
150 Posts
I dipped my wheels to see what my car would look like with black wheels.

Three year and a tire change later they still look mint.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
unlike paint plasti-dip is a no risk mod...don't like the way it came out or it starts looking worn out...PEEL IT OFF...boom.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Im still confused, plasti dip WHAT

·
Banned
5,786 Posts
Have u looked at them at night with lights on. Looks like a weird glowing border around the side markers. Idk wasnt for me imo
Ill have to look again, but I pushed the painters tape into the gaps and think I should have covered it for the most part. Either way, the blackout during the day overcomes the little bit of light that shows through IMO.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Ill have to look again, but I pushed the painters tape into the gaps and think I should have covered it for the most part. Either way, the blackout during the day overcomes the little bit of light that shows through IMO.

Yea it does look good during the day. If it has more than three coats it should completely block out the light esp if you did into the gaps and the only place it comes out is around that area. I personally thought it made the car look badaZZ during the day but kinda low quality at night. If it don't bother you then it's all good. What I've done is buy some cheap limo DARK window tint from Walmart and stuck it on all four markers. Lights still illuminate and it's another way to not give a cop a reason to pull me over. Just my .2 cents bud ;)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
144 Posts
I just dipped my trim plate and t-handle shifter. I am not a chrome guy. Feels really strange to grab lol but I am happy not to have to deal with the sun reflecting off of it and the texture matches the rest of the plastic in the car.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts