Dodge Challenger Forum banner

What headlight style looks better?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot decide whether I want to buy projector headlights with built in halo rings, or keep the stock oem halogen style lights. I thought a poll would be the best way to see what everyone else thinks.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Since your car is white I don't think the halos would add any aesthetic appeal to your ride. Go with the projectors though for the increased visibility in night driving.

Reactions: Locko

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had HID's for about 6 months and they were wonderful, but they ended up leaving me with a fried positive terminal wire. I am leaning towards projectors though. The problem is all projectors for the 2010 under $400 come with halos, or at least the ones i have found.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven't figured out how to post picks on a thread yet. But you can check out how they look on my pics.
When replying,
1.scroll down to the bottom of the page
2. Select manage attachments
3. Upload picture files

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Halogen projectors or HID projectors? If they are HID projectors, I'd def say go for it. Halogen projectors, not worth the money IMO. And halos definitely. If they weren't a fortune I'd have them on mine. Also are you considering real halos with a neon tube, or halo replicas with LEDs? Both look good. Neon tube just looks better IMO

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Halogen projectors or HID projectors? If they are HID projectors, I'd def say go for it. Halogen projectors, not worth the money IMO. And halos definitely. If they weren't a fortune I'd have them on mine. Also are you considering real halos with a neon tube, or halo replicas with LEDs? Both look good. Neon tube just looks better IMO
This the set I am leaning towards, not from this site, but these are the ones I will buy if any.

2008-2013 Dodge Challenger Headlights - Anzo 121307 - Anzo USA Headlights

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
OEM with Sylvania Ultras, Cheap and easy to replace not so with HIDs, and NO Halos, they were created to get attention for SEDANS and Challengers get it without, IMO! ;)

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
From the looks of it, those are HALOGEN projectors. Not worth the money IMO. if your gonna spend that kinda money, spend a little more and get HIDs

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
From the looks of it, those are HALOGEN projectors. Not worth the money IMO. if your gonna spend that kinda money, spend a little more and get HIDs
I already have an HID kit. I think I would rather keep the halogens though anyways.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Youd rather have halogens over HIDs?
As far as appearance goes, no. But HID's caused me too many problems for simply a change of headlight color.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
As far as appearance goes, no. But HID's caused me too many problems for simply a change of headlight color.
Did you have an aftermarket HID system?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Did you have an aftermarket HID system?
Yes. H13 6k High/Low kit from DDM Tuning, then bought 35w Can-bus ballasts from someone else, along with error eliminators. So basically I had 2 capacitors on each side and I think thats why it fried my terminal and fuse box.

·
Registered
285 Posts
With HID's, you need to relay them off the battery. You can do all the computer confusing stuff off the main lines. And to all those who put HID's in reflector housings, you suck, it blinds all the oncoming traffic.

Reactions: guitar2323

·
Registered
540 Posts
With HID's, you need to relay them off the battery. You can do all the computer confusing stuff off the main lines. And to all those who put HID's in reflector housings, you suck, it blinds all the oncoming traffic.
I know that feel bro.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts