Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Which do you prefer? "Go Wing" as an option or the availability of performance mods?

• "Go-Wing" as a factory option

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • Dodge cooperating with aftermarket performance companies and builders to make mods available

Votes: 70 86.4%
  • Electrically heated/chilled cup holder

Votes: 3 3.7%
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hurst allegedly just went under because (they claim) Dodge won't cooperate with them, or any aftermarket performance mod makers. The lack of availability of performance mods for the 2011 Challengers (and I assume 2011 Chargers as well) has become infamous on the forums.

So for 2011 and 2012 Dodge Challengers, which would you rather see?

A. A "Go-Wing" offered as a factory option

B. Chrysler acknowledging, and working in cooperation with, the aftermarket performance suppliers/builders

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
B. DUH.

I don't think anyone should buy any 2011 + Hemi cars until Chrysler works with Diablo or offers their own tuning solution so those that want to get more power out of their car can do it.

I also have no problem voiding my powertrain warranty immediately.

Anyone listening?

·
Registered
629 Posts
B, for sure.

What's the point of the new SRT brand? Cool cars, but you can't mod them?

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
With a poll like this, the answer is totally obvious. It's too bad that Dodge has not stepped up and realized that these cars need a good aftermarket, after all they are PERFORMANCE vehicles. Now if someone bought a minivan and complained about no aftermarket, I would say "Look at the type of vehicle you bought!"

It sounds like from Diablo, that there will be tuning capabilities soon, so 2011 guys just gotta hang in there.

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
11,033 Posts
I'm not going to upgrade from my 2010 RT until mod's become available for the 2011 cars. I guess it's up to Diablo Predator people to crack the code.

Dodge if you are listening, give out that info or it's going to cost you sales. Don't make me buy a Mustang.

·
Banned
675 Posts
go-wing would be the worst idea possible.

·
Banned
811 Posts
I just don't understand why Dodge has locked up the ECM. If they were selling their own consumer available programmer, that would make sense. But they're not.

Maybe I should have put more consideration in a Camaro or Mustang, rather than ordering a 2012 SRT8.

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
This is some major BS and really pisses me off.

Dodge could easily solve this problem. Offer an ECM that isn't locked to those that want it. If warranty claims are a concern, program the vehicle VIN in to that ECM and have it logged in their service system as being installed in that vehicle.

I'd even go so far as letting the dealer install the damn thing if that's what it took.

I swear I won't buy another Dodge ANYTHING if they don't change their policy on this matter.

If Ford adds paddle shifters to the 5.0L Mustang, I'll have one and never look back.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Dont Offer Diddly to Guys Expecting

If Dodge is not carful they are going to work themselves right out of the car market all together........that Shelby for a second toy is looking nicer and nicer every day

·
Banned
675 Posts
lol @ 2 votes for go-wing, should of made the poll public

·
Registered
232 Posts
B

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

Mother Mopar.... are you reading and understanding this thread?

That GT 500 starting to look pretty.

Stevo

·
Banned
2,271 Posts
ralph! resume speed ! mc88! are you listening?
look at what your buyers want and make it happen
Thank you.

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
they don't get it, they want y'all to stay in the barn. go-wings s***.
it doesn't help 99.9% of owners. we are past the "looks" stuff the car is beautiful, but we want performance. i guess my wife is not going to get a new challenger for her retirement. go wing ... really.

·
Banned
675 Posts
ralph! resume speed ! mc88! are you listening?
look at what your buyers want and make it happen
Thank you.
I have a guess as to who some of the go-wing votes are

·
Registered
323 Posts
It's unfortunate that Ma MOPAR didn't look at GM and Ford and see the plain facts that all the after market goodies and that 2000 hp monster lapping everyone is what sells their cars.

MOPAR has been known to do some pretty stupid stuff in the past and this really takes the cake in terms of thought process. I can only guess that someone at the EPA put the fear of god into them or they're trying to dodge [ pun intended ] some other govt crap legal issue that perhaps the other 2 either aren't concerned with or haven't been hammered with ... YET. It's either that or they're just plain STUPID! :werd:

--CC

·
Banned
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have a guess as to who some of the go-wing votes are
Yeah. It's pretty clear that certain individuals have made up their minds that first and foremost, beyond any and all mods, that "we" want the go-wing. These people, who are allegedly here at the forums looking for our input don't really seem to want it. They don't like it when GSO, or me, or anyone else, rains on their parades with a strong dose of reality.

This Hurst closing is the start of a **** storm - and ought to be reverberating around the halls of SRT and Dodge today. It's going to NEGATIVELY impact owner perception of Dodge, and future sales. No way to avoid that unless corrective measures are taken by Dodge!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts