Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
White looks awsome in a plum crazy car. It would be my choice if I didn't use it as a daily driver to work and back. However, dirt sticks to me like a magnet, so I choose black.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I understand your concern of messin' up the white interior if it is used as a daily driver. But, who would use this car as a daily driver? Let's look at this realistically. You buy the car. Probably finance some of the cost for three to five years. Now, once it's paid for, you own a Challenger that probably is not being produced anymore and has 60,000 to 100,000 miles on it. Paint stopped shining. Parts are worn out and you can't replace it with a new one because there are none to be found. I'm really not one for putting a musclecar in a glass bubble, I mean it's a car, not a stamp, you can use it. But I would use it sparingly because I know the day will come when it will be nomore. This revived musclecar era won't last long. Buy now, cherish it forever. Or buy two. One for daily transportation, and one for the heated garage. Good day.

·
Registered
184 Posts
wirewilly said:
I understand your concern of messin' up the white interior if it is used as a daily driver. But, who would use this car as a daily driver? Let's look at this realistically. You buy the car. Probably finance some of the cost for three to five years. Now, once it's paid for, you own a Challenger that probably is not being produced anymore and has 60,000 to 100,000 miles on it. Paint stopped shining. Parts are worn out and you can't replace it with a new one because there are none to be found. I'm really not one for putting a musclecar in a glass bubble, I mean it's a car, not a stamp, you can use it. But I would use it sparingly because I know the day will come when it will be nomore. This revived musclecar era won't last long. Buy now, cherish it forever. Or buy two. One for daily transportation, and one for the heated garage. Good day.
People have been facing parts shortages on the vintage Challengers for 20+ years. This is where companies like Year One step up to the plate. It appears that even if they go the route of "limited production" (note to DCX: don't!) there will still be many 10s if not 100s of thousands of Challengers sold over the production lifetime. These will not be rare cars like the originals, probably even decades from now. Combined with the likely limited option packages even *your specific car* will have many 100s or 1000s of duplicates. A lot of people won't like this (myself included), because up to now muscle cars have been all about the rarity, but it won't be like that this time around.

Not to say you can't buy and pamper like its a michelangelo, i probably will but these thoughts will always be at the back of my mind.

·
Registered
181 Posts
B5 Blue with a White Interior. Hells Yeah.

I've never actually owned a car with a white interior - and I imagine it would be a bear to keep clean. Especially as this would become my daily driver (even if I WANTED to make it a lower mileage vehicle, how could I NOT drive it all the time?).

But, I haven't seen a white interior for a long time on a car. Now, with the whole retro thing in high gear, may be the right time to do it.

If it's not an option, that's cool. But it would be neat if it was.

·
Registered
48 Posts
My Pop's 70 GTX is Sublime Green with white interior. This car is beuatiful and the white interior it has really hits the spot, and accents the car very well. So yes, I would definately consider the white interior for mine.

·
Registered
492 Posts
My white '78 Cadillac 'Seville' had white leather interior which looked very clean/classy, and I really never had a problem keeping it clean. My '74 Dodge 'Challenger' had blue interior which looked good with its Bright Blue Metallic exterior. My black (PXR) '05 Chrysler '300 Touring SRT' has dark/medium slate interior which I like much better than the only other (lighter) option which was available in 2004. This time around (just for a change), I'm hoping that the new generation Dodge 'Challenger' will at least be available in:

• The concept color with black leather interior​
  • The concept color with tan leather interior/with black interior accents​
  • Bright Silver Metallic with black interior/with gray interior accents​
  • Arctic White with black leather interior
  • Arctic White with black leather interior/with white interior accents
  • Bright Blue Metallic with black leather interior
  • Bright Blue Metallic with blue leather interior/with black interior accents
  • Ferrari Red with tan leather interior/with black interior accents
IMO, the vintage color palate looked okay on the original Challengers/'cudas, but not on the new one which I plan on getting; however, I do hope that all of you get the color/options you want. Also, as for me, one black car is enough...thank you. :D

BTW, did anybody watch 'Wrecks to Riches' last night? They created a '71 'GTX' out of a '71 'Satellite' and '71 'Roadrunner'...then stuffed it with a big 'crate' HEMI and painted it Plum Crazy...it looked very nice. :cool: If you missed it, it'll be re-aired this coming Thursday at 10pm PST on TLC.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I had a 73 Challenger with a white interior, would love to have a new one with white. Am all for it.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
yes, I would buy a white interior Challenger.....

I owned a F6 Bright Green Daytona and a B5 Blue Superbird with white interiors....not to bad to keep clean if you stay after them.....blue jeans fading on them was the biggest problem...

·
Registered
748 Posts
wirewilly said:
Buy now, cherish it forever. Or buy two. One for daily transportation, and one for the heated garage. Good day.
I feel completely opposite. I missed the 1st go-around of being able to drive the wheels off a muscle car. Now is my chance to do so. I'm not going to live forever, and I'm not going to worry about using up a car. I don't have to restore it. If they aren't building anything I like at teh time, a new motor and new paint will make it drivable again. I understand anyone who wants to baby their ride so it lasts 30 years, but I'm driving mine!

Here is where the rich guys have it made. Buy 2, one to drive, one to save.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I prefer a dark color myself. I just hope it does not come out 2 tone like the Charger. I thought the combination colors made the interior look cheap.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Black interior. I've already got a deposit on one and plan on using it as a daily driver. No way am I going to pay 35K+ to let sit in the garage. When I die the kids can restore it, until then drive it like you stole it :D. Besides could you think of a better commuter car

1 - 20 of 30 Posts