1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
two thumbs down from me

·
Registered
426 Posts
Why ruin a perfectly good car? Makes no sense to me.

·
Registered
360 Posts
No I think I hear it saying "KILL ME, KILL ME, PLEASE"

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's why I don't understand people wanting to make Challengers into Superbirds/Cuda's/Your Mopar of Choice.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Not my thing, buy whoever did the body work/design did a good job. The aero pkg. on the front end looks functional as far as on a speedway. I never liked the big rear wing on the Superbird much less a Challenger. The rear diffuser looks like it might work. Im curious how much if any does this cut the drag coefficient.

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
Another option for someone - not me though.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I don't like it either, but everyone did say the same thing about the 1969 Dodge Daytona and the 1970 Plymouth Superbird and look at them now. One of the most sought after Mopars. I am not saying or do I think a winged Challenger will ever be sought after 40-50 years from now. I am just merely pointing out the fact that original winged cars were also thought to be very fugly. How could Ma Mopar do that to a Charger or a Roadrunner? Makes me think is all I am saying.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Someone on this forum has a Superbird/Challenger hybrid just like that one. Its not that bad... we've all seen worse.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
don't find it offensive, just not to my tastes, like the nose, dislike the daytona wing, needs a shorter wing or a molded into the trunklid spoiler that stands at most 6 inches up. For every design there is at least one person who liked it, this one has sold a few of these so can't be all bad.

It isn't a 2 door charger, and there is no such thing as plymouth anymore, a daytona spoiler on a challenger does not a daytona make. Anyone that truly believes these will be collector items in the future is in for a rude awakening 30-40 years from now. Its true the originals weren't popular to many. I liked them and even tried to talk my dad into one, but they were sold and given away cheap and they had a nascar pedigree back then, this isn't present with this conversion.

·
Registered
442 Posts
time for the whale tail

maybe a 1980's style whale tail spoiler....it looks like something out of a science fiction movie, interior is too loud, almost superfly style, i can see why the original owner got out of that car....he would rather drive a Pinto i am sure

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Watch....some day this thing is going to be worth millions.
Only because certain government legislation will make the U.S. dollar worth nothing and 1,000,000 means you can eat off of what is currently the dollar menu at Micky D's.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts