Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Callenger SRT 8 - 392
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I have a 2014 Challenger SRT8. I would like to know, how to create a crackled (popping) sound in the exhaust systems during deceleration. (compression).

·
Registered
313 Posts
From what ive heard . No cats and straight pipe. You could get a tuner to do it. I have an SLP cat back exhaust on my rt and and on decel it will burble pretty good from 2nd to 1st. I try not to do it tho it's really bad for your valvles

·
Premium Member
4,022 Posts
From what ive heard . No cats and straight pipe. You could get a tuner to do it. I have an SLP cat back exhaust on my rt and and on decel it will burble pretty good from 2nd to 1st. I try not to do it tho it's really bad for your valvles
" it's really bad for your valvles"
How so? Just curious. :unsure:

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
8,496 Posts
Get a tuner, Turn off DFCO (Deceleration Fuel Cut Off) and play with the park timing if you want this ricer mod. It is hard on your catalytic converters. I added an oem Hellcat exhaust on my 2015 R/T (Active Exhaust is welded open) and seriously it sounds like my car does it sometimes and I HATE it. But I also have a supercharger and my car runs a little on the richer side.

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
1,204 Posts
It's normally done with PCM tuning, although a lower restriction exhaust may do it a little with the factory tune. My car does occasionally pop and burble and my car has nothing done specifically to make it pop or burble.

·
Premium Member
4,022 Posts
I have read that the Dyno Max Race Bullets induce this to some extent. It's why I am going to put a set on my Scat.
The Screaming Eagle Stage 1 baloney cut exhaust on my 2000 Harley FLSTC do this as well. You can control it by gear/throttle settings.
I find it quite entertaining!

·
Premium Member
4,654 Posts
Trade it in for a Scat Pack, mine does that all the time! Sounds awesome.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts