Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So about a week ago I noticed a loud popping/crackling sound when the ac is on. Only happens on hot days when the radiator fans kick on. I've read that it could be a loose clip of some sort on the bottom of the fan moulding (I think) hitting the blades once they become heat soaked. Anyone else experience this and have a fix for it? Car doesn't overheat and ac blows cold, just that noise when the fans go into overdrive!

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,270 Posts
If you only hear a single pop, it could be that the bottom of the fan is not sitting in the radiator slots (see red circles in pic). Otherwise if it is continuous it could be a warped fan blade.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a constant popping/crackling but only when the fans kick on and only when it's either really hot out or if the car has been driven for a while.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,270 Posts
It's a constant popping/crackling but only when the fans kick on and only when it's either really hot out or if the car has been driven for a while.
Yeah, could be the blade hitting the housing. Had that happen on my Fiero when it was hot outside.

BTW welcome to the forum!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts