Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Vendor
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've read it here and there about problems with being in 2nd gear and it kick back out of gear. With about 4k on the odometer, it's now happened twice. Anybody having dealer issues getting that fixed? Are they replacing the trans or replacing a synchronizer or something? CAN it be fixed?

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Its happened to me a few times, but NEVER on upshifts only on downshifts. Seems to have a deep, double notch to 2cd when downshifting. Was advised by others to go to third first, then second on downs. After talking to Revotech at the dealership here, seems these trannies don't like downshifts much and just downshift to third for turns/corners as 2cd is little low for them. If yours is popping out on UPSHIFTS you have a problem, but mine was only on the down side, seemed I didn't pull it deep enough but it IS quite unnerving!

·
Super Moderator
15,778 Posts
There's a service bulletin about this and the test procedure to determine if bad synchros are the cause - it would be a warranty item if they're bad.

These TR6060s aren't prone to popping out of gear and it shouldn't happen.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Well I've read it here and there about problems with being in 2nd gear and it kick back out of gear. With about 4k on the odometer, it's now happened twice. Anybody having dealer issues getting that fixed? Are they replacing the trans or replacing a synchronizer or something? CAN it be fixed?
Could you please describe what happens exactly in your case? Then maybe would could define the problem better. This could be a serious issue with autocrossers, second gear being what they/we use primarily. I would certainly go easy on that tranny until it is resolved, you don't want to loose a gear tooth or two under heavy acceleration/deceleration.

·
Vendor
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
on mild acceleration, the 1-2 shift has completed and it'll pop back out of 2nd gear.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
If your car was still on a lot in mid April, it should have been thru RRT#10024 for just that. There was a test to be performed that would have determined if u had a bad casting. If u have the dealer check, it will show as performed on your VIN. They took down the page with the RRT, I can't remember what the test was, but believe if it FAILED they were to remove to auction, because you couldn't replace tranny and sell it as new? So I know mine went thru it, but not sure they didn't want to replace tranny, doesn't say anything but that it was "performed". But did notice when replacing stock shifter with Hurst, that the lower bolt head, holding the stock rod onto the shifter, would butt the plate and rubber cover in 2cd position, button head bolt would be better there. Maybe the bolt has loosened, not letting u get all the way in gear? Definately bring to dealers attention regardless, CYOA.

·
Vendor
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have an appt on Thursday. What is RRT#10024 ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts