Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody here installed the Modern Muscle Performance Ported TB? Thinking about purchasing, but looking for input. Did it increase throttle response/power/lower 0-60? I look forward to the responses. :)

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
The reduced weight of your wallet, theoretically, should improve your 0-60, but I'm not sure if one could measure the reduction.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The reduced weight of your wallet, theoretically, should improve your 0-60, but I'm not sure if one could measure the reduction.
Wasn't necessarily expecting a reduction in the time to get to 60, was primarily seeing if throttle response would be improved, but threw it out there just in case.

·
Registered
2013 Challenger SXT
1,221 Posts
I went with the Fastman unit because it actually increased the throttle opening with removing half the throttle bar and smoothing the screws along with a tapper, I did several controlled tests and the fastman unit not only smooth throttle response it reduced 0-60 times.

After awhile I ported the stock throttle body beyond what fastman did and it proved to be faster than his- track testing, so then I sold the fastman unit because my ported stocker was quicker and had more trap speed, then I bought a 80 mm overkill unit, it was only then there was no more measurable difference between a well sorted out ported stock unit and a 80 mm throttle body, it was pretty much a wash.

The 80 mm throttle body did have a few more air charge numbers at peak rpm- data logging the air intake side to confirm more air flow- yes there is a way to measure air charge to see if the larger throttle body really give more air to the engine and the 80 mm did provide more at peak rpm.

But my well sorted out and ported stock unit more so than anything you can buy on any market was only a few numbers down at peak rpm, it gave better throttle response down low, throttle felt more responsive over the 80mm.

So at the end of the day if you went straight to true overkill 80 mm you will pick up power but will loose throttle response, Fastman has the better throttle body, modern muscle is a waste of money not even worthy to be mentioned really, Overkill is just to much, it kills the throttle response.

Taking your time and just copy fastman and take a little more out of the bore seems to be the best.

If you just going to buy, fastman first, overkill second -just for the pure power output, modern muscle shouldn't even be thought of, they do nothing to improve actual flow of the throttle body- yes some tapering can increase air flow, but they don't half the shaft or thin the throttle plate or nothing, they do the least amount of work and claim a larger throttle body, they give you a tapper and call it an 80 mm- dumb.

·
Registered
2013 Challenger SXT
1,221 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
Our Ported TB has 100s of positive reviews on here as well as on our site. We stand behind our products.

Let me know if you have any questions.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went with the Fastman unit because it actually increased the throttle opening with removing half the throttle bar and smoothing the screws along with a tapper, I did several controlled tests and the fastman unit not only smooth throttle response it reduced 0-60 times.

After awhile I ported the stock throttle body beyond what fastman did and it proved to be faster than his- track testing, so then I sold the fastman unit because my ported stocker was quicker and had more trap speed, then I bought a 80 mm overkill unit, it was only then there was no more measurable difference between a well sorted out ported stock unit and a 80 mm throttle body, it was pretty much a wash.

The 80 mm throttle body did have a few more air charge numbers at peak rpm- data logging the air intake side to confirm more air flow- yes there is a way to measure air charge to see if the larger throttle body really give more air to the engine and the 80 mm did provide more at peak rpm.

But my well sorted out and ported stock unit more so than anything you can buy on any market was only a few numbers down at peak rpm, it gave better throttle response down low, throttle felt more responsive over the 80mm.

So at the end of the day if you went straight to true overkill 80 mm you will pick up power but will loose throttle response, Fastman has the better throttle body, modern muscle is a waste of money not even worthy to be mentioned really, Overkill is just to much, it kills the throttle response.

Taking your time and just copy fastman and take a little more out of the bore seems to be the best.

If you just going to buy, fastman first, overkill second -just for the pure power output, modern muscle shouldn't even be thought of, they do nothing to improve actual flow of the throttle body- yes some tapering can increase air flow, but they don't half the shaft or thin the throttle plate or nothing, they do the least amount of work and claim a larger throttle body, they give you a tapper and call it an 80 mm- dumb.
Awesome! I appreciate the response. Ill take your word for it!

·
Registered
145 Posts

Do you have a write-up on what you did to the stock unit?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Installed modern muscle 87mm throttle body few days ago, must say the throttle response is greatly improved!

·
Registered
71 Posts
HAHA why would i do that. I am from Macedonia, dont have any connections or friends in the USA, cant even accept payments via paypal, can only send :D So no, this reply is based on real experience with this product.

thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts