Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you dropped your Challenger with 18" wheels? I am thinking of this option.
The 18's look 10x better when lowered. Any set-up info would be great.
Thank you

·
Registered
4,223 Posts

Not mine but thought I'd share.

Reactions: dynaraton

·
Registered
627 Posts
I'm digging that wing but I'm not digging the 18s my 2 cents that dosent really matter at all

Reactions: rajunz

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
this is ChuckG he has the mopar stage 1 lowering coil overs I think it looks great and he said it rides great.

Not my cars and I'll stop there with the quotes because there's been threads on this before. I really don't know what to think about size on this car; it's schizophrenic. Depends on lighting, color, angle, and mostly how you position the wheel (ride height) in the well and make it fit there (via rim or tire).

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you guys for the pics. I'm not into the bagged look like the first one but more or a sportline/proline look like the others.

·
Super Moderator
16,206 Posts
Lowered with Eibach Sportlines (2" drop) & 265/50-18s

Attachments

·
Registered
4,223 Posts

I really dig this setup.

·
Registered
334 Posts
One more... Eibach Pro Kit springs. Stocks dampers. Most folks think I got bigger rims. No one guess I simply lowered the vehicle.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Definitely looks better with aftet market wheels

·
Premium Member
2013 Challenger SRT8
1,467 Posts

I really dig this setup.
X2 this is really the coolest i have seen;

seems there are serious meats in the back on these 18"; are these 18's? is this confirmed?

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
7,694 Posts
Lowered Challenger on aftermarket 18" wheels

These may not be what you are looking for to help you decide, but I still had them on my phone so figured I'd upload them in case you could use em.

I actually un-lowered the front of my car an inch or so since these were taken. I could have lived w/ the look, even though it wasn't perfect IMO. But besides looking just a little too low in front, it also started bottoming out on speed bumps. Which sucked, but still not a deal breaker.

The squaw that stroked the camel's sack was the increased danger of night driving away from street lights. I literally couldn't see sh*t at night w/ the low beam headlights cause they were pointed more at ground than at road ahead. 2 lane back-country roads at night became a game of chicken w/ everything along the road side!

Nuke

Attachments

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
X2 this is really the coolest i have seen;

seems there are serious meats in the back on these 18"; are these 18's? is this confirmed?
Yes..widened two inches with 295/45-18 Nittos

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
Here is my temp set-up, 18'' Chrome Oem 300c Wheels & stock suspension. Don't look as bad as I thought they would:shocked:
A lot different from my previous 24s but still very nice imo, waiting for my 20x11 wheels & BC Coils:rocker:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2013 Challenger SRT8
1,467 Posts
Yes..widened two inches with 295/45-18 Nittos
more and more i am thinking to ditch my 2 sets of 20's and going 18"; there are so many more tire choices and with Diablo tune seems tire circumference input is possible; there are lots of rims out there clearing the brembo brakes; once lowered, the 18's and the car look definitely better; thank you for comforting the idea to change

awesome car! congrats!

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
So I decided to take off the 20s and go back to the stock 18s because... well... the car just looks a lot better with small wheels and fat tires, atleast in my opinion.

Looks like this now...

This guy slammed his car and that's a little too much for me, but the pics show well how much proportions seem to vary (visually) based on the wheels' position in the wells. This is one reason why I disagree when people say that the car is built for 20+ wheels.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts