1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Vendor
11,871 Posts
what is snow again....>:)

·
Premium Member
7,285 Posts
. . . I’m going to head out and see how the all-seasons perform soon.
Just be aware that all-season tires will not work as well as a purpose use snow tire. You will have limited traction in deep snow. The good news is that our cars are heavy and will help. A limited-slip rear will help too.

I had four snow tires on my 2009 R/T and it was excellent in the snow. They were mounted on OEM take-off rims that I purchased. I never tried it in the snow with the stock all-season tires on it.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
13,570 Posts
Oh no no no :D

A Guy

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
945 Posts
what is snow again....>:)
Ah, I am more than happy to educate you about what is snow!

Snow cover is a part of the cryosphere, which traces its origins to the Greek word kryos for frost. Snow is precipitation in the form of ice crystals. It originates in clouds when temperatures are below the freezing point (0 degrees Celsius, or 32 degrees Fahrenheit) when water vapor in the atmosphere condenses directly into ice without going through the liquid stage. Once an ice crystal has formed, it absorbs and freezes additional water vapor from the surrounding air, growing into a snow crystal or snow pellet, which then falls to Earth.

https://nsidc.org/cryosphere/snow

>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)

·
Registered
191 Posts

I slept better when she was all covered up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
13,570 Posts

Snow cover is a part of the cryosphere, which traces its origins to the Greek word kryos for frost. Snow is precipitation in the form of ice crystals. It originates in clouds when temperatures are below the freezing point (0 degrees Celsius, or 32 degrees Fahrenheit) when water vapor in the atmosphere condenses directly into ice without going through the liquid stage. Once an ice crystal has formed, it absorbs and freezes additional water vapor from the surrounding air, growing into a snow crystal or snow pellet, which then falls to Earth.

Looks fluffy too!

I slept better when she was all covered up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have shrinkage :surprise:

A Guy

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
No garage queen here, but this is as close to the snow that I've been! :|................4th of July cruise through Rocky Mountain National Park.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts

I was gonna say that.

·
Registered
162 Posts
heh, no freaking way. Mine is up on the lift, covered and on a battery tender. No snow for my ride. Its not even really the snow I'm worried about. Its the damn salts and chemicals they put on the roads.

·
Registered
2015 R/T
479 Posts
No snow for mine it's put away for the winter Like Skeet shooter said its the salt and crap that I worry about. My 2001 Jeep handles the DD duty

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The Mopar mudflaps do seem to help.but the lip spoiler catches a lot of slop.

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT 392
185 Posts
Hey Spoolboy - Greetings from O’fallon MO. Good to see another local member on the forums.

-and i'll drive in the snow.. but so far have been able to keep her dry this winter.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts