Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm intrigued by this color and I'm thinking about getting an Ivory White 392, but there seem to be zero photos of them in this color. Post up your Challenger of any type in this color so we can all behold it's glory. Extra points for large, artistic photos! :naughty:

·
Premium Member
2016 Hellcat Challenger
2,380 Posts
I did some research into the Ivory and could not find a good enough example for me to trust ordering it. I love a pearl white but from what I could tell the Ivory does not have very much if any pearl in it. Dealer showed me a 2014 van in this color and I was not impressed. 15 Ivory could be a different story but I l love white cars so just went the safe route!

·
Registered
271 Posts
I'm intrigued by this color and I'm thinking about getting an Ivory White 392, but there seem to be zero photos of them in this color. Post up your Challenger of any type in this color so we can all behold it's glory. Extra points for large, artistic photos! :naughty:
I did that too. I'm 2 weeks into my order. :D
This will help....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pxNssytDkw

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,726 Posts
I like the fact that the pearl white is still white, not really an off white like most cars are. This color basically looks white a bright white with metal flake in it. I'd love to see it in person on a sunny day.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I like the fact that the pearl white is still white, not really an off white like most cars are. This color basically looks white a bright white with metal flake in it. I'd love to see it in person on a sunny day.
ME TOO! LOL Mine will shine in the NM 300+ sunny days a year. :D Big thanks to techdude82 for dispelling my worries that the car would look like a giant discoball.

I'm wearing a huge smile as I'm typing this and am certain my face will hurt after waiting the next 4-6 weeks.

·
Registered
332 Posts
It's definitely a color that shines in person. Park mine next to my regular white 2014 1500 EcoDiesel and you can see the difference.

Did a photo shoot of my Challenger yesterday with a photographer friend, hopefully this gives you an idea.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,795 Posts
Here's my contribution - you can see the pearl (very silvery). This was shot an a very bright day in July. [pre production '15]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2016 Hellcat Challenger
2,380 Posts
Some shots I've done recently. One taken to show the paint.

Bob

Attachments

·
Registered
271 Posts
Quick shout out to Ivory Pearl owners. Are the painted surfaces in the engine bay flat white or ivory pearl like the outside body? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2016 Hellcat Challenger
2,380 Posts
Quick shout out to Ivory Pearl owners. Are the painted surfaces in the engine bay flat white or ivory pearl like the outside body? Thanks.
I know I have already told you in PM but for it to show to others with your question I will answer again.

Mine has the tri-coat with the metal flake in the engine bay also.

Bob

·
Registered
275 Posts
Yes, Ivory Hellcats have the full tri-coat under the hood. SRTs just have the white base w/ no pearl or clear.

·
Super Moderator
14,795 Posts
Can't pretend to understand this! :surprise:
all the prior years the underhood / trunk areas were satin finish w/o pearl coat or clear coat.

When '14 R/T Shakers came out, then the '15 R/T Shaker, Scat Pack Shaker and Hellcat - those have clear coat and pearl finish in the engine bays.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts