·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'd like to start a thread for posting 0-60 times. Would like to see:
1. Type of Challenger: SE, R/T, SRT
2. Performance mods affecting times
3. Weather conditions

This should give others (such as myself) a benchmark of what times the car is capable of in the hands of a "Professional" driver.

I'm starting to practice my launches in my SRT8 6-speed PCP in anticipation of Challengerfest II. My initial times were around 5.7, but this AM when it was dark and in the low 40s, I managed a personal best of 4.95 with moderate wheelspin in first at launch. Is this quick for a 6-speed, how low can I expect to get with continued practice?

Thanks for any support...

·
Registered
939 Posts
5.04 seconds
R/T
mods in signature
i think it was around 60 degrees it was a while ago

I had some wheelspin win I hit 3rd tho so thought that might have affected the time

·
Registered
18 Posts
0-60 in 4.42 28 degrees 1500 rpm launch roll on throttle did 4.60 today 70 degrees thats after throttle boost 20% and switched back to 91 oct cai tune!

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
SRT 6 spd 5.02 seconds...

09 SRT 6 speed, 3200 miles, hurst shifter, Blastin Bob's resonators, 70 degrees, engine water temp-215 degrees, slightly downhill with 190lb. passenger = 5.02 seconds (EVIC)

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Thats right in line with an srt.
It's a b!tch with a 6 speed
I honestly don't think there is anything left in her. I just don't know what else I can do with the launch. How do the R/T guys post below 5 or even the same as the SRT? I don't get it, are people just lying because they have nothing better to do? Is it just wheel spin? I've seen some pretty low numbers on this forum over the years:scratchhead:

·
Banned
1,655 Posts
Even alittle wheel spin will lower your time. Ya might not even notice the slip.
I had slicks on a well preped track. Its hard to dump the clutch on street tires on the street and not spin.

But 4.42 seconds with a stock RT aint gona happen. period

·
Registered
287 Posts
3.44 on a 65* day with mods in signature.
This was at a well prepared track with drag radials.
Ran a 1.67 60'.

Brad

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
'09 SE 3.5L 4-speed

6.10 is my best.

mods: AFE stage II intake, RT 6-speed exhaust, 3.90 gears, cervini ram-air hood duct, predator 93 octane tune, 160 tstat.

air temp: 24 F
water temp 164 F

tires: snow tires
speedometer is calibrated to perfection for the tires used.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Best 0-60 - 2011 392 Challenger

2011 392 Challenger, 3750 miles, stock, adding Speedlogix Catch Can totay.
93 Octane
Outside Temp 79 degree, 730 AM, Concrete road
Engine Temp - 160
0-60 - (see photo) sec. 1st hard run at the 0-60 since 3000K.

EDIT: Not sure why I got the above clock time. People are saying not possible for my car. OK maybe it was a clock glitch? I did take a photo because I knew it was strong time. Must not be correct? Not many here think so. But I am keeping the picture anyway. Anybody else ever had a clock error?

Technique: Brake to 1K (approx) RPM, Roll about a foot, WOT - Very minor wheel spin for 3 or 4 foot off the line, strong chirp shifting to second.

Came directly home and took picture. :)
I want to post a picture of it when I figure out how. I could not figure out how to insert a picture so I posted it to my photos.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
huh?? 3.76 on a stock 392? i'm sorry, not buying it. maybe you meant to type 4.76?
i dont believe it either..

either the car is wrong or you have a ZR-1 and are mixed up

anything under 4.4 id have trouble believing

i got a 4.8 on my first try...no special technique..i just floored it..temp: low 70s....500 miles on the OD

ive tried 2 more times since, but ive been around 5.0 and had too much spin and the weather was hot

·
Registered
29 Posts
Bone stock R/T six speed at sea level with 60 degree weather, moist air, on level blacktop. Unplugged #2 fuse for a few secs before and turned on the Mr. Squiggly light. 1st try was 5.76, several tries later gave me my best time of 4.98 that's still on my timer. I got under 5, I was good with that. I tried a 3200 rpm launch, but too much spin. Ended up with 2200 launch, shifted at about 5500. I am itching to take it to Bakersfield to see how I do in the quarter and learn about drag racing.

·
Banned
368 Posts
Mods in sig, 200lb passenger, full tank of gas, 95 degrees 90% humidity ....5.61 2000 rpm rev w/brakes applied thenWOT when I released the brakes. Mr.Squiggly was on. Cannot wait until it cools off down here!

·
Registered
779 Posts
If your getting anything lower than a 5sec time with a stock rt then your getting tire spin.
You're probably right Jeff, before I added the drag radials and exhaust my best was a 5.02 even with all the other mods. And that includes spinning at launch.

09 R/T Auto, not quite stock, mods in sig + 93 CAI tune
Normally raise the rpms up slightly as the yellows count down and launch on the 3rd yellow light.

4.19 sec @ Bremerton WA on July 9th. 60' ft time was 1.87 so no tire spin. Did a 4.20 sec later in the day so it was consistent.

According to Dragtimes DA Calculator
60.8 degrees 55% humidity so the DA was 275 ft

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sorry guys. Don't know what to tell you. That's what the clock said. A glich? I don't know, maybe. I have been told that 3.76 is not possible for my car. OK. I don't know what would make the clock wrong. The speedometer reads exactly right when I pass through the radar stations. I know that 3.76 is in the Zo6 range. Something must have been off with the clock, at least on that run.

I went out this morning but the roads were damp and it would not hook up well. I ran once while the engine was around 180 degrees. I still managed a 4.64 on the damp road.

So... I can't beleive any of my clock times now? Has anybody else ever had a clock time that was not right?

·
Registered
430 Posts
The launch is key to a good 0-60 time. If you just floor it from the start getting a 5.0 would be impressive for an SRT8. With pratice my stock 6.1L would run 4.3-4.5 depending on the weather & my launch. With my tune & more practice 4.1 was the norm until my F1s started losing there grip.

Last week running my Nitto 420S 285/40/20 with much harder rubber than the F1s and in the 70s (warm for here) I ran a 4.2 on cold tires with no wheel spin on a 1,800 rpm launch.

Under awesome road & weather conditions my best 0-60 was a 3.96 with almost no wheel spin & warmed tires.

1 - 20 of 294 Posts