Dodge Challenger Forum banner

281 - 294 of 294 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Here's my best to date in my 2014 R/T 6-speed!

Attachments

·
Registered
2010 Challenger R/T
176 Posts
The Challengers 0-60 timers while a cool feature are kind of useless. Here is my 0-60 on my best run of the day

This time netted my a 13.68.
While this one

Was my worst of the day. See attached time slips and note the 60 foot times associated with these 0-60 times.

Bill

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
This was on an 8.70 1/8th at the track. I've run a dozen or more better than 8.70. I try to shallow stage before my opponent. Car must be staged before I activate the Gtech SS . Just too many things to remember.FWIW timeslip and Gtech both read 8.70

·
Registered
84 Posts
I don't even know why there is even a zero to 60 MPH feature on these cars. Since the only way it can tell when 60 MPH is reached is through the rear wheel turning it can be as bogus as it gets. If it is 6.0 secs or 2.0 secs is just a matter of how fast the rear wheel is spinning when the 60 MPH is reached whether it is spinning from lack of traction or not. It can be an indication but not reliable for sure. I think I can spin a 60 MPH in less than 2 seconds during a burn-out if I let it shift to second.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Only tried a few times but got a 5.50 in a stock '14 Challenger. I probably could have left harder as there was no wheel spin. My personal best in any vehicle is 1.06.

·
Registered
156 Posts
2013 SXT Plus
Airaid CAI
Ported Throttle Body
Magnaflow dual in dual Out Muffler
8pm 60 something degrees
left at around 1100 rpms, very little tire spin
flat ground, very smooth surface

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
Best so far with the new s/c just having a little over 600 miles on it, I pulled a 5.12 with a little over a 1/2 tank of gas and stock pressure in yokohoma parada x spec tires. 84 degrees. The norm now is 5.1x-5.3x, using auto stick and sport mode. Launching from 1800 rpm. I know on a cooler day with less gas it has every bit of 4.9x in it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Me and the boy got a 5.06 on Sunday. It took us several tries and we started with a 5.26. It was sunny and about 65 on an oil and chip road. Tried for a better time on a nearby asphalt road but there was too much traffic. Our 2013 rt classic is 5a and bone stock

·
Registered
262 Posts
The 0-60 timer is hardly "useless" in a general all encompassing term. It may be useless for some individual drivers.
I have found it very useful, as it has helped me see which launching techniques produce the fastest times for my car.

In fact, the timer has done more to improve my times than any single mod I have done to the car-by far.

First 0-60s when the car was brand new we're 5.8s. Now they're down to 4.6x-4.8x with my fastest being 4.47, 4.50, 4.56

·
Registered
84 Posts
The 0-60 timer is hardly "useless" in a general all encompassing term. It may be useless for some individual drivers.
I have found it very useful, as it has helped me see which launching techniques produce the fastest times for my car.

In fact, the timer has done more to improve my times than any single mod I have done to the car-by far.

First 0-60s when the car was brand new we're 5.8s. Now they're down to 4.6x-4.8x with my fastest being 4.47, 4.50, 4.56
Good for you that using the timer has increased your skill level! That's a great benefit in having it!
I don't think it is useless either as you've stated. I'm just saying it's not very accurate. My best time is 2.3. Do I believe it? Of course not. I'm not going to compare my time via a built in timer with a 2 million dollar exotic car and say that my factory Dodge is faster than the fastest car money can buy at 0 to 60. I just know that the built in timer can be very deceiving especially when shifting and wheel spin can put it very much into a time that can never be reached without wheel spin at shift or other wheel spin that can make one believe that it is really the fastest car in the world. LOL. Sure it can be an important tool for self improvement but lets get real....it's not accurate especially at power levels that will spin the tires. But I am glad we are in agreement that it can be very useful, just not very accurate unless we are driving a very underpowered car which wheel spin is not even a consideration.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
4.0 for me at the drag strip

I feel mine would be very accruate.

Ran 12.28 @ 113 at my track with my new 8 speed scat pack. The timers paged showed the 0-60 at 4.0 seconds and the 1/4 time at 12.2 which is what I ran. No wheel spin at the line. Launched hard at 2500 rpm and mashed it off the line. Tires I had helped.

281 - 294 of 294 Posts