Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 294 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Wow, all these great times.... Here's what mine said after my second attempt yesterday to get under 5seconds with my R/T

·
Registered
431 Posts
Wow, all these great times.... Here's what mine said after my second attempt yesterday to get under 5seconds with my R/T

My best 0-60 time was 0.12 sec but I may of had a "little" wheel spin. My guess is you may of had a little wheel spin yourself :icon_biggrin:

·
Registered
44 Posts
So... I can't beleive any of my clock times now? Has anybody else ever had a clock time that was not right?
a Ferrari F50 does a 3.7 second 0-60, and it has better tires, 540 horsepower, and is 1,300 pounds lighter than the challenger. if the 392 were that fast, Dodge would be shouting it from the rooftops.

my 6.1 usually gets around 5.1 or 5.2 seconds ... my best is 4.66 but that may have been an anomaly (like yours, but not as severe?)

·
Registered
498 Posts
a Ferrari F50 does a 3.7 second 0-60, and it has better tires, 540 horsepower, and is 1,300 pounds lighter than the challenger. if the 392 were that fast, Dodge would be shouting it from the rooftops.

my 6.1 usually gets around 5.1 or 5.2 seconds ... my best is 4.66 but that may have been an anomaly (like yours, but not as severe?)

I think some 5.7s (like mine!) and 6.1s are just much meaner than others so .....

All kidding aside my best 0-60 runs have been in the 5.1sec range with a few 5.29s and 5.5s thrown in for good measure . I don't know what happened with my 3.03sec malf. I looked down at the EVIC while still speeding and the clock seemed stuck or prematurely stopped. I'm sure I was probably hitting 40mph when that happened! Nothing more than a chirp from the back tires as I recall. I annoyed me more than anything because even though it was a great run and may have been my first sub 5 sec run I knew I'd have to pull a battery cable and reset or I'd never actually record a more legit 0-60 time. Before I did that however I thought I'd have a little fun and post a pic of "proof" that my naturally aspirated R/T is the fastest in the world or whatever.:smokin:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Two attempts, 5.1 then 4.9 seconds. (EVIC picture in album) On a dry day, 65ish temp, R/T Classic with CAI, Mopar/Borla cat-back, Predator 93 CAI tune, approximately half tank. Punch and go.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Pythonman.
Next time you want to erase your best 0-60 time, just push and hold the right arrow button on the EVIC.
Holding it down will reset it to zero.

Brad

·
Registered
347 Posts
Last summer I found myself on a nice deserted stretch of straight county highway. Two lanes, older asphalt (smooth surface texture). Temperature: about 70F. No wind. Our premium in this area is 93 octane. My totally bone stock '09 5.7 RT 6-speed has 20" RSAs, a 3.92 axle, every option except the spare tire, and had about 5000 miles on it at the time. After reading all the wheel hop horror stories on this forum, I pushed the ESP button, revved to about 2000 and, on the release, I feathered the clutch slightly. Got just a bit of the hop, and then hammered it. Got a bit more hop going onto second. Into third was smooth. When I checked the time...5.16! What? On the first run? The car is so smooth and quiet that it just does not feel that fast. I was really thrilled with that time, as I'm in my mid 50s now. 30 years ago I was fairly big into auto-crossing, but nothing since..and I've never been a drag racer by any stretch. This leads me to suspect that there might even be a bit more left in it, for someone who actually knew what they were doing. A couple of months later, I found myself back on the same road at the same location (but going the other direction), so I thought "what the hell" and tried it again. The only difference was that the temperature may have been slightly cooler. It was pretty much a repeat of my earlier run, and the time: 5.00! So, it was no fluke. I have to believe that if I'd had F1s on it instead of the RSAs, it would probably have broken into the 4s. Now, if it only had an SRT suspension...maybe it wouldn't drive so much like my brother's 300C...

·
Registered
182 Posts
Just did another run tonight. got 4.91 with the mods in my sig.

·
Registered
138 Posts
The launch is key to a good 0-60 time. If you just floor it from the start getting a 5.0 would be impressive for an SRT8. With pratice my stock 6.1L would run 4.3-4.5 depending on the weather & my launch. With my tune & more practice 4.1 was the norm until my F1s started losing there grip.

Last week running my Nitto 420S 285/40/20 with much harder rubber than the F1s and in the 70s (warm for here) I ran a 4.2 on cold tires with no wheel spin on a 1,800 rpm launch.

Under awesome road & weather conditions my best 0-60 was a 3.96 with almost no wheel spin & warmed tires.
I'm throwing the BS flag. I dont care when people brag, but some of these are flat out bs. if I was told this at a cruise-in, I'd be like "yeah, he's an idiot". With the mods you have there is noooo way you did this, and to run a mid-12sec 1/4mi? You must know how to launch, so why are you lacking on the strip then? Something doesnt add up. I do believe all the EVIC readings in the 3's with basically stock cars, because it doesnt know that you were going down a hill. :fight:

·
Registered
431 Posts
I'm throwing the BS flag. I dont care when people brag, but some of these are flat out bs. if I was told this at a cruise-in, I'd be like "yeah, he's an idiot". With the mods you have there is noooo way you did this, and to run a mid-12sec 1/4mi? You must know how to launch, so why are you lacking on the strip then? Something doesnt add up. I do believe all the EVIC readings in the 3's with basically stock cars, because it doesnt know that you were going down a hill. :fight:
I barely believe it & it's my car. I've only hit the 3s once & never 4.0s but 4.1-4.2s are the norm. The road was prepped to be reasphalted followed by 2 days of sold rain followed by 2 dry days. The temp was in the low 40s when I made that 3.96 run. The car hooked like never before or since and I wasn't spinning tires when I hit 60.

The "test site" I use is 1/2 mile long with starting elevation of 220' & ending elevation of 270'. Is the EVIC accurate for the 0-60? I don't know. I know my EVIC reads about .1-.15sec slower than actual 1/4 mile & ~.5mph faster.

When I 1st posted my EVIC results when the car was new & stock there was alot of BS down hill responses then I took it to the track & 1st run ever was a 13.1. After a couple of outing I ran a 12.89 100% stock. I put it on a dyno & put down 380hp stock. Not all cars are created equal or broke in correctly. Break it in too hard or too lightly will cost you hp.

I get alot it can't be stock with what my cars run at the track. The 2000 Camaro runs 13.1 stock & my Wife's 2010 Mustang runs 13.4 stock.

We have favorable DA here in the NW so our times tend to be quicker.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I barely believe it & it's my car. I've only hit the 3s once & never 4.0s but 4.1-4.2s are the norm. The road was prepped to be reasphalted followed by 2 days of sold rain followed by 2 dry days. The temp was in the low 40s when I made that 3.96 run. The car hooked like never before or since and I wasn't spinning tires when I hit 60.

The "test site" I use is 1/2 mile long with starting elevation of 220' & ending elevation of 270'. Is the EVIC accurate for the 0-60? I don't know. I know my EVIC reads about .1-.15sec slower than actual 1/4 mile & ~.5mph faster.

When I 1st posted my EVIC results when the car was new & stock there was alot of BS down hill responses then I took it to the track & 1st run ever was a 13.1. After a couple of outing I ran a 12.89 100% stock. I put it on a dyno & put down 380hp stock. Not all cars are created equal or broke in correctly. Break it in too hard or too lightly will cost you hp.

I get alot it can't be stock with what my cars run at the track. The 2000 Camaro runs 13.1 stock & my Wife's 2010 Mustang runs 13.4 stock.

We have favorable DA here in the NW so our times tend to be quicker.
There is no way. It's mechanically impossible. the weight, the horsepower. It cant be done unless you happen to have a factory freak car. That is porsche 911 turbo and ferrari F40 territory. Simply no way, not nearly stock like you are. i dont care what tires you have, and you're not all-wheel drive, maybe you have the only awd in existance. Get your EVIC checked or wake up out of your dream

·
Registered
431 Posts
your evic is not working correctly...your not getting 3's
I know my 3.9 0-60 was a fluke as my next best is 4.1 per EVIC. What that is in real time who knows. I know my times are quicker than typical but my dynoed 380rwhp is also more than typical as was my stock 12.89 1/4 run.

I use the EVIC as a testing tool. ie Same test site, same weather conditions going from stock tune to 93 Tune my 0-60 dropped by .25 sec on average but I also learned I had to drop my launch by 500rpms due to the extra torque down low that the 93 tune produces.

It doesn't take much wheel spin or bad DA to turn a low 4s 0-60 to a 5s.

I would love to get some seat time in the 392 SRT8 here in the cool NW & see what 0-60 times I could get. I went to the SRT Event in Daytona last May(had a blast & got 1st place) and got to play with the 392s but the heat had to be sucking power from them.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I know my 3.9 0-60 was a fluke as my next best is 4.1 per EVIC. What that is in real time who knows. I know my times are quicker than typical but my dynoed 380rwhp is also more than typical as was my stock 12.89 1/4 run.

I use the EVIC as a testing tool. ie Same test site, same weather conditions going from stock tune to 93 Tune my 0-60 dropped by .25 sec on average but I also learned I had to drop my launch by 500rpms due to the extra torque down low that the 93 tune produces.

It doesn't take much wheel spin or bad DA to turn a low 4s 0-60 to a 5s.

I would love to get some seat time in the 392 SRT8 here in the cool NW & see what 0-60 times I could get. I went to the SRT Event in Daytona last May(had a blast & got 1st place) and got to play with the 392s but the heat had to be sucking power from them.
I think the 3.9 and 4.1 was the 0-60mph time in minutes for your camaro

·
Registered
19 Posts
7.02 2011 SE no performance mods, 92 F. Yes it is that hot in Miami!

·
Registered
431 Posts
I think the 3.9 and 4.1 was the 0-60mph time in minutes for your camaro
Obviously you've never driven a LS1 Camaro. Only weighs 3,300 lbs & ours dynoed at 321rwhp 335rwtq.

Here's a FORD mag review of the LS1 Camaro when it was new.
01 Bullitt Article 2

We dynoed 6 cars on the same day. The Challenger & Camaro had strong numbers but my wife's 2010 Mustang GT with only 500 miles was kinda low. She was being to easy on it so my son & I started driving it to break it in right. 500 miles later it really woke up & ran 13.4 1/4 mile stock. I want to take it back to the dyno to see what it puts down now.

The cars we dynoed same day.
2010 Challenger SRT8(Mine) - Stock auto 2k miles 380hp/370tq
2010 Mustang GT(My Wife's) - Stock auto 500 miles 250hp/252tq
2000 Camaro SS(My Son's) - Stock 6 speed 80K miles 321hp/335tq
2000 Mustang GT - Rebuilt motor, perf cams, headers, 6 speed 244hp/270tq
2006 Cobalt SS Supercharged - Modded, 2.7 pully 246hp/229tq
2005 Cobalt SS Supercharged - Modded, 2.9 pully 242hp/238tq

·
Registered
138 Posts
Obviously you've never driven a LS1 Camaro. Only weighs 3,300 lbs & ours dynoed at 321rwhp 335rwtq.

You're right, I havent. I wouldnt be caught dead in one of those POS's. I have a procharged SRT and had an awd mitsubishi since the late 90's that had 401whp why would I waste my time with an LS1?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well mine is not a Challenger... but it is a SRT8

Just amazing that some folks are saying they are 4.3 and lower 0-60 and barely modified ? Newer LX and LC are getting faster.

Back When I had a 426 Stroker... and wanted to compare the 60FT EVIC with the 60 ft timeslip I ran it at a track.

My best 3.7 0-60 EVIC ended up being a 1.50 60FT.

I averaged 3.9 with a 426 stroker..

If I tried doing 0-60 EVIC FLAT OUT on the street it was a sure LIMP MODE for me.

Let me also add this is not to say anyone did not do a sub 4.X 0-60 like they indicated

Just pointing out a number based upon reality.

21 - 40 of 294 Posts