Dodge Challenger Forum banner

61 - 80 of 294 Posts

·
Banned
1,428 Posts
EVIC's stink, fun, but totally inaccurate. I don't understand the mentality of those who question that fact still today.:scratchhead:
How would you go about getting a more "accurate" time?

·
Registered
598 Posts
I'm not buying it being innacurate provided your tires are the correct size and not excessively worn. It's just a counter until your speedometer hits 60 MPH. As long as your tires aren't spinning when you hit 60, it should be pretty accurate.

·
Registered
432 Posts
anything stock below 4.5 is BS...everybody knows it. Personally, I don't see anything below 4.6 even possible.(stock) EVIC's stink, fun, but totally inaccurate. I don't understand the mentality of those who question that fact still today.:scratchhead:
I agree the EVIC is fun to play with but is a useful tool to compare against yourself whether checking tuning results or practicing your launch. I don't know how accurate the 0-60 times are but if you are spinning your wheels when you hit 60 obviously it won't be correct.

What I have found from comparing my EVIC to the track I run at that the 1/8 & 1/4 mile times on the EVIC are alway .1-.15sec slower but are always 1-1.5mph faster. That's less than 1.5% off actual track times.

It would be fun to do some real 0-60 testing & compare to the EVIC. My 1st ever 100% stock 0-60 run with no wheel spin on level ground was a 4.4, my 1st run down the track 100% stock was a [email protected] (EVIC [email protected]) & 100% stock I dynoed at 380hp. Put my car in a warmer climate & higher elevation I'm sure the numbers would be alot different.

·
Banned
1,428 Posts
My 1st ever 100% stock 0-60 run with no wheel spin on level ground was a 4.4, my 1st run down the track 100% stock was a [email protected] (EVIC [email protected]) & 100% stock I dynoed at 380hp. Put my car in a warmer climate & higher elevation I'm sure the numbers would be alot different.
You can time the 1/4 with your EVIC?

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
anything stock below 4.5 is BS...everybody knows it. Personally, I don't see anything below 4.6 even possible.(stock) EVIC's stink, fun, but totally inaccurate. I don't understand the mentality of those who question that fact still today.:scratchhead:
i think my 4.30 i got is possible....no spin, 60 degree's out....its possible...id like to believe it

i think 3's are possible if your going down a mountain.....

which part of the 0-60 is inaccurate on the Evic? counting to 4 seconds or the speedometer reading 60? i dont see how wheel spin makes your speedometer read 60 or effects counting....i can see the 1/4 mile being off from spinning since its measuring distance...

is the Evic perfect? probably not, but ill bet its within 1/10th or so

do i believe these sub 4 second times? no unless they are going down a large hill/mountain or have their cars running on jack stands

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
i think my 4.30 i got is possible....no spin, 60 degree's out....its possible...id like to believe it

i think 3's are possible if your going down a mountain.....

which part of the 0-60 is inaccurate on the Evic? counting to 4 seconds or the speedometer reading 60? i dont see how wheel spin makes your speedometer read 60 or effects counting....i can see the 1/4 mile being off from spinning since its measuring distance...

is the Evic perfect? probably not, but ill bet its within 1/10th or so

do i believe these sub 4 second times? no unless they are going down a large hill/mountain or have their cars running on jack stands
Wheel spin on a 0-60? Of course hitting second gear hard I did a 2.8 0-60 obviously I spun up to 60 mph

·
Banned
5,768 Posts
imagine a zero to sixty time with a 3800stall and DR's..........

·
Registered
529 Posts
The launch is key to a good 0-60 time. If you just floor it from the start getting a 5.0 would be impressive for an SRT8. With pratice my stock 6.1L would run 4.3-4.5 depending on the weather & my launch. With my tune & more practice 4.1 was the norm until my F1s started losing there grip.

Last week running my Nitto 420S 285/40/20 with much harder rubber than the F1s and in the 70s (warm for here) I ran a 4.2 on cold tires with no wheel spin on a 1,800 rpm launch.

Under awesome road & weather conditions my best 0-60 was a 3.96 with almost no wheel spin & warmed tires.
What mods do you have? Since I got my car running right I tried 2 runs, my best 0-60 is 4.31

·
Registered
529 Posts
4.34 was my best, followed by 4.44 and 4.54.

I was just messing around. I didn't think these times were all that great so I didn't bother taking pictures.

I don't know about you guys, but the 392 and an auto seems faily easy to hit low-mid 4s. My biggest issue is hooking up and not spinning the tires. I need more meat on the back.

Mods? a catch can and a pair of filter mags.
4.34 is very fast for a mostly stock car. I think these evics must vary alot from car to car.

·
Registered
2011 392 SRT, 2010 R/T Classic, 2019 R/T Plus, 2016 SXT Plus
447 Posts
4.34 is very fast for a mostly stock car. I think these evics must vary alot from car to car.
I prefer to think the engine gods in Mexico smiled when mine was built. It has a strong heart.

·
Registered
432 Posts
What mods do you have? Since I got my car running right I tried 2 runs, my best 0-60 is 4.31
100% stock my car put down 380rwhp, ran 13.1 1st time ever down the track and my best stock time was 12.89 so I got a good one.

My only mods now are 93 Tune, 285(rear) 255(front) tires & a oil catch can. I did remove the resonators which removed 25lbs from the rear of the car & actually slowed my 0-60 due to lack of traction. I have them reinstalled now.

I've ran over 100 0-60 runs almost all at the same location which actually goes uphill 70ft over 1/2 mile. I haven't been able to reproduce another 0-60 in the 3s without wheelspin but I've never had the perfect road & weather conditions like I did then either.

Road conditions/traction are big variables. If you can't get the power to the ground your times suffer. A quick 0-60 requires throttle control to avoid wheel spin. It doesn't take much wheel spin to lose a few tens or even a full second.

I had planned on supercharging my car until seeing most are only running 12.2s unless they beef up the tranny, rearend and run DRs. When my F1s got down to 1/2 tread I would break my tires loose at almost any speed which took the fun out of it for me. My new tires hookup way better than the F1s.

·
Registered
2011 392 SRT, 2010 R/T Classic, 2019 R/T Plus, 2016 SXT Plus
447 Posts
First time at track. Nice day, 70+ degrees. Car has catch can and filter mags. Lowered air to 28. Not much else to say. I was racing a modern vette with a 7L. I'm car 91. On the day I had 5 wins and 2 losses. This was my 6th of 7 runs.

·
Registered
86 Posts
stock srt8 392 a/t, 2800 miles
72 degrees with full tank
non-agressive launch, paddle shifted from 1-2 at 5800 rpm

Attachments

·
Banned
5,768 Posts
i finally got it to 4.7 about 3 weeks ago, but the evic could be completely off or all of our cars.

fun, but not very accurate.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I've been running my stock tune for the last 3 weeks since my car has been visiting the dealer a couple of times to get my power window's & the door panel they broke but didn't tell he fixed. In all I ran 10 0-60 runs on 5 different level roads. 3 of them I had some wheel spin off the line but I was try to lauch at 1800 rpms and my time ranged from 4.75-4.88. By dropping the launch to 1200 rpms or less I had 7 runs ranging from 4.40-4.48. That's about the same times I was getting when it was new 14k miles ago.

I'm picking my car up tomorrow & the 93 tune is going back in ASAP...

I don't know how accurate the EVIC is but it's pretty consistant.

61 - 80 of 294 Posts