Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Brand new to the forum, purchased the v6 Challenger on Saturday. I wanted to know what some or the standard upgrades needed to make the car a little more ballsy.

I figure CAI, Tune, Exhaust, Underdrive Pulleys, New Intake and Plenum, shizz like that.

What would you guys recommend would be the best parts in these area's?

Also I read someone has a turbo setup - would love to learn more about that...:werd:

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Hey guys,

Brand new to the forum, purchased the v6 Challenger on Saturday. I wanted to know what some or the standard upgrades needed to make the car a little more ballsy.

I figure CAI, Tune, Exhaust, Underdrive Pulleys, New Intake and Plenum, shizz like that.

What would you guys recommend would be the best parts in these area's?

Also I read someone has a turbo setup - would love to learn more about that...:werd:

Need to know the year. Everything you mentioned is available for the 3.5L cars but there's nothing available for the 2011 3.6L yet.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I'd start with the Diablosport Predator tuner. You can add a CAI, exhaust, headers, throttle body, and a couple other things, also.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
agree with garcia...tuner, air intake, and performance muffler with resonator delete will get yah off to a good start.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here's the thing. I have ben down the bolt on road before, and at the end of the day I didnt get everything I wanted out of it. MY Question is would the smart option be to save the pennies now and like a year from now get the turbo setup or are the bolt ons worth the reward?

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Here's the thing. I have ben down the bolt on road before, and at the end of the day I didnt get everything I wanted out of it. MY Question is would the smart option be to save the pennies now and like a year from now get the turbo setup or are the bolt ons worth the reward?
If yah got $8-10K to spend on a turbo next year I would wait and go that route...
MCSchallenger has a turbo SE and it hauls...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If yah got $8-10K to spend on a turbo next year I would wait and go that route...
MCSchallenger has a turbo SE and it hauls...
I emailed the company regarding prcicing waiting to hear back from them now. In your signature it says you removed the resonator? What does that do specifically for the exhaust - is it a dampener for sound on an exhaust? I have been researching flowmaster setups on the forum as my first exhaust and they seem quiet, i love the loud sound.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
I emailed the company regarding prcicing waiting to hear back from them now. In your signature it says you removed the resonator? What does that do specifically for the exhaust - is it a dampener for sound on an exhaust? I have been researching flowmaster setups on the forum as my first exhaust and they seem quiet, i love the loud sound.
on the 09/10 the resonator sits at the end of the exhaust just before the exit.
you can simply remove the resonator and really beef up the sound but with the stock muffler the drone will cause you to go nuts.
easy $50 mod at a muffler shop for more sound though.
removing the reso and replacing the muffler with a high performance unit will improve sound alot.
I went with a jones muffler and it really sounds good.
But if you go turbo that whole system is gonna get changed out anyway.
check out the exhaust video sticky in the SE section

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was thinking of getting a flowmaster setup if I don't go with the turbo. So removing the resonators with that setup would work out.. Right?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
I was thinking of getting a flowmaster setup if I don't go with the turbo. So removing the resonators with that setup would work out.. Right?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
sure...lots of folks have gone that route...just gotta decide if you're going to stay single exhaust, dual look, or true dual

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
dual look is just that...it looks like a dual exhaust coming out the back but is really just a single pipe exhaust system. The exhaust piping to the back of the car is split with a Y.
You can also go with 1 pipe in/2 pipe out muffler for the dual look process (Jones, magnaflow, flowmaster all make these)

Remember that in the 09/10 SE's some owners have reported loss of low end torque with true dual systems...food for thought

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So dual would be the way to go im assuming.. Thinking about taking it to a muffler shop and seeing what they can do to it.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
all depends on what you wanna do..future mods etc.
Do alot of research/cost comparing before you decide.
If you go with dual look or true dual you're also going to have to either cut or replace the rear valance to accomodate the second exit

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am looking into a turbo or supercharger but I dont know if the stock block or internals can handle the boost for a long period of time. Also I bought an extended warranty which i would be throwing if I did a huge mod.

I am thinking initially: Exhaust, Gears, Tune, Under Drive Pulleys, TB, Plenum, CAI...

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
ircp10 has done a supercharger & MCSchallenger has done a turbo...might PM them for details

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
spoke with RDP - i have to send the car to ohio - that isnt happening and IMO kinda ****ty

Contacted the company regarding ircp10 supercharger - havent heard anything - thinking about taking it to a performane shop here and seeing what they can do

It seems like there isnt much out there for this car.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
spoke with RDP - i have to send the car to ohio - that isnt happening and IMO kinda ****ty

Contacted the company regarding ircp10 supercharger - havent heard anything - thinking about taking it to a performane shop here and seeing what they can do

It seems like there isnt much out there for this car.

Its out there, its just not in a bolt on kit.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.