Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was looking at the white 2014 challenger shaker and thought about trading my 2013 R/T plus for the R/T Shaker, I checked with the numbers and called the wife and she said GO FOR IT GET IT !!! and my dealer gave me $ 5,000. less than I paid for my 13 a year ago. the shaker has every option and a few I would never order but it has what it has. I wanted to order one but the dealer was told by dodge that orders cannot be taken as these are numbered. my dealer was allowed 2 shakers and the only other 2 in Nevada are in las vegas. so there are only 4 shakers in Nevada. my dash plaque is number 0463. it has full navigation 6.5 inch touch screen, power sun roof sound group 2 uconnect 730N 7 boston speakers with sub woofer. 20 inch satin aluminum wheels & goodyear F1 tires, anti slip differential. My window sticker does not say what the axel ratio is but it is automatic auto stick. it also has the black stripes on the hood & roof, trunk. I have to learn the way around my the screen on the display. the 40GB hard drive is something I did not have in my 13 R/T. The car had 6 miles on it and I drove it off the showroom floor where they took it out back & detailed it. it was getting late Saturday and I went home to get my title for the 13 and have a chance to drive it to start breaking it in. In the dark a pickup truck pulls along side on the highway and in the dark I see an arm stick out of the passenger window and I prepared for evasive action not being able to see what he was holding in his hand........ he was just giving me a big THUMBS UP in the dark so the shaker must really get attention even in the dark. the best part is that she is paid off just like my 13 was. having a car right off the showroom floor is better than my 13 sitting in calif. for 7 months and then being driven back to Nevada last year and getting it with almost 275 miles on it, this one had 6 miles and was built march 4th, 2014. they are going to adjust my hood as it is out of adjustment. I will take some pictures and post them later.

·
Premium Member
10,044 Posts
Congratulations and enjoy that awesome new car.

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
Very nice Bert. I'd like to see photos of that. I haven't even seen one on the lots here. I really like the shaker hood and would get one but apparently, I'm the only person on Earth who doesn't like STP. At least now all that stress of your former Challenger which had who knows what done to it before you got it, is over. You should let Pietro know that his dream came true.

·
Registered
184 Posts
CONGRATS! I am in the market for a Shaker as well. If you don't mind me asking, how much off of MSRP did you pay? The market around here wants $42,000. (Tried to message you but it said your box was full)

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cleared my inbox. been looking at it in the garage, until my eyes are wore out lol

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Congrats Bert! Let's see some pics of the beauty!

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am going to take a few tomorrow if I can, I tell you what, I always got reaction from people in my 12 challenger & this one really gets attention, it is white with the shaker and the black accent stripes on the hood, roof & trunk. that shaker really stands out.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, I know it has been a long while since this post started. We moved to a new home we had built and the developer told us that utilities were already in place but only power and water and gas. No cable tv, Internet or land line phone service. I had to find a wireless provider that would work here, however with the maximum data plan, it's still not enough. I used this new tablet to take pictures of the shaker. McDonald's did a night time photo shoot with my shaker.
Bert

Attachments

·
Registered
505 Posts
Looks great!!! How have the past 4 months been with it?

·
Premium Member
4,354 Posts
What kind of badge is that on the back spoiler, or am I seeing things?

Looks GREAT in bright white! First one I have seen in that color.

What does your owners manual say about the lithium looking grease on the shaker seal? You can see it when you open the hood. I guy here had a brand new black one, and that greasy stuff was all over the underside of the hood. Some people have cleaned that off, but then started to see rub marks on the inside of the hood.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The only owners manual I got is the regular one. Nothing anywhere about the shaker or how to maintain it or how to add oil. It's a little work just to add oil. But, what a car ! !

·
Premium Member
10,044 Posts
The car looks great but the dealer sticker on the deck lid is spoiling the look.
Congrats on the new home, hope you're happy there.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That sticker is coming off, been so busy moving, yep, our dream home with plenty of garage space finally.:banana:

·
Registered
748 Posts
Ok, I know it has been a long while since this post started. We moved to a new home we had built and the developer told us that utilities were already in place but only power and water and gas. No cable tv, Internet or land line phone service. I had to find a wireless provider that would work here, however with the maximum data plan, it's still not enough. I used this new tablet to take pictures of the shaker. McDonald's did a night time photo shoot with my shaker.
Bert
Sweetness on wheels. Beautiful car. Love those wheels and looking forward to having them on my 2015 R/T Shaker. You are getting me excited!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Did the Challenger script badge and the RT emblem in the grill come from the factory or did you add that. On my shaker there is only a Challenger script badge on the passenger side.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I had the R/T badge from my 13 R/T plus and the Challenger script was on the cars passenger side so I moved it to the driver side. I wanted the look of the 1970 challenger on the front. I will be removing the shaker emblems from the shaker scoop and put the 345 HEMI badges on there IF I can find out where to buy them. The HEMI emblems on the fenders may come off as well. I want to put the old style Challenger emblems above the body line and a Red R/T emblem just below the body line on each fender.I am going to put another red R/T emblem on the black spoiler on the trunk lid. I may reuse the Shaker emblems somewhere but not sure where.
Bert

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
The white/black really sets the car off, looks great! :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts