2,009 Posts
Okay, it's 0700 Saturday.

Where's the pictures? :worried:

·
Premium Member
4,691 Posts
Okay, it's 0700 Saturday.

Where's the pictures? :worried:
The West Coast is just now starting to wake up.

You probably won't see any pics until noon or 1pm Eastern at the soonest.

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
You probably won't see any pics until noon or 1pm Eastern at the soonest.
Too late, I'll be asleep by then. :jester:

·
Registered
46 Posts
It's getting a bit ridiculous already. Ford and GM are working on next gen Pony Car products, and Chrysler is still trying to keep us on the edge of our seats with news of a freshened SRT.
And they still haven't finalized info about the Scat Packs.
And Viper sales are really poor.
When will they learn?

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
Well, let me ponder... two Stingrays or one Viper. What to do.

Hmmmmm :dunno:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Viper hellcat is the ticket! Slap in an enhanced version of the Challenger's motor, with an extra 50 or 70 HP, for 15 to 20 more than the Challenger and I think they would sell the heck out of it.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
It's getting a bit ridiculous already. Ford and GM are working on next gen Pony Car products, and Chrysler is still trying to keep us on the edge of our seats with news of a freshened SRT.
And they still haven't finalized info about the Scat Packs.
When will they learn?
Dodge has always been late to the punch its there MO?????

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Any Updates??

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
I think they stream live at 5:00 PM Eastern time, today.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yep. I think it points to the fact that the Hellcat cars will likely be difficult to get your hands on when they come out. Msrp of 75 or 80, but with ADP of 15 or 20. Little chance of ordering. Hell, the shakers sold out in a few days.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Not even the engine on a stand....

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
Chill

You guy's remind me of "Linus waiting for the Great Pumpkin."

I believe the Hellcat is coming soon. If not, I posted the info recently about "All aluminum 426 Crate motors...that come with Forged Internals".....for Dirt Cheap. Add a blower to that, and 6 piston brakes....and you will have a "Hellcat Eater," for far less $$$.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Well very disappointed drove all the way down as we were told it was going to be revealed and they gave a lot of lip service but didn't follow through. However it is convienant that it will be ready in time for the Detroit auto show,

Another let down by SRT.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
You guy's remind me of "Linus waiting for the Great Pumpkin."

I believe the Hellcat is coming soon. If not, I posted the info recently about "All aluminum 426 Crate motors...that come with Forged Internals".....for Dirt Cheap. Add a blower to that, and 6 piston brakes....and you will have a "Hellcat Eater," for far less $$$.
But Charlie Brown got his tree...Did SRT or Dodge offer any "official" press for this Heckcat unveiling? I love stirring rumors as the next guy....

But, I wondering if the "Hellcat" is even possible and still meet mechanical, emissions and durability standards and work within the LX/LC platform. Granted a lot of folks have SC's their cars over the years. And we all know GM and Furd have done the same. Maybe SRT is working the bugs. I hope they do succeed. But, when was the last time they offered a factory SRT SC vehicle? Crossfire SRT6 is the only one I can think of but that was basically all Merc Benz, with a different body. SRT rolled out several 4 bangers with turbos which were darn good performers, albeit totally different platforms.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Wow, drove all the way down from Canada.

I wouldn't be mad at SRT, they never said they were going to this, but the folks pushing the carshow did on this board for 9 months.

Well very disappointed drove all the way down as we were told it was going to be revealed and they gave a lot of lip service but didn't follow through. However it is convienant that it will be ready in time for the Detroit auto show,

Another let down by SRT.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts