Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Got up at 4 AM today to drive down to SpringFest9, princibly to hang with my friends in West Coast Challengers, but also to see a certain car be revealed. Guess what? Didn't happen. Not even the engine on a stand. Oh, and to all you folks saying that nothing had been promised, I'll remind you that 12 months ago Ralph Gilles said to everyone at SF8 that they would debut the Hellcat to the faithful at SF9...

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
What are you holding your breath for? You can already tell from the spy shots that its basically the same car, smaller headlights (downgrading its best front end feature, four wide eyed pie plates staring you down), one has an inlet for the engine, the same headlight rings BMW trademarked 12 years ago, a big mouth, some extra inlets for cooling and the edges have been turned into curves on the front a rear fascias. LED tails and an interior very similar to the 2011 Charger with a slanted center console. Look at the old ZR1 for basically the engine bay. Its the 2011 Challenger Chrysler couldn't afford to build. Meanwhile Ford drops hundreds of lbs off an already lighter car and I'm sure they're cooking up something even bigger than the 640hp they had years ago for the next gen Cobra.

If they were about to unveil a 3000 lb car with a 400hp DOHC turbo 4 RWD getting 40mpg highway on 87 octane...I wouldn't be able to sleep. This...meh.

·
Registered
834 Posts
In the midst of all the heckcat hooplah, does anyone remember they STILL have not produced (or even have any plans) a Dart SRT-4 that was promised...oh...can't remember now how long ago? They are no strangers to dragging their feet and letting their customers down. But they are good at inspiring hope inside of us that they might actually have a finished product...someday.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts