Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So currently im a truck guy. I have a 01 silverado, 5.3, cam all the other bolt ons, built trans 3k stall, posi 3.73 gears, lowered etc etc. Its nice but im getting tired of it and looking for something new. Fiance wants to get a sports car so its between a challenger or a camaro. So im here to learn and see whats out there as far as performance mods and stuff. Currently my truck can pull 13.5 in the quarter so if i get a RT then i know its going to need some mods to make it faster than the truck, or maybe i can swing a SRT... Thanks for having me in the community and i look forward to learning more about the Challenger. Who in Texas does tuning and cam installs?? Im in Austin but could drive to Dallas, SA, or Houston if need be.

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
Buy a Challenger and your life will improve immediately.

Low mileage used SRT is the best deal right now.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What type of auto matic trans comes in the RT and SRT. I know its a five speed. How strong are they? Who makes high stall converter for them? Is the SRT auto stronger than the RT auto?

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Welcome aboard! :)

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
I would like to say welcome to the best Challenger Forum. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM any of the Admin/Moderators.

Also, please be sure to read General Forum Rules - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

Thanks for joining our forum, please enjoy and we look forward to your participation. :bigthumb:

either one will give your truck a run for it's money sitting as it is a few basic bolt-ons and your in the 12's. All the autos come with a Nag1 going with the SRT you get better suspension, brakes, full evic and a lsd. the R/T auto has a open dif (peg leg) :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats the info i was looking for. Thanks buddy.. Just new to the dodge scene and trying to learn. I have broke stuff on the truck and learned the weak points about it. A decent 12 second ride with a few mods would do me just fine. Parts for these cars are expensive though $1500 for a posi :notallthere:. But thanks for the warm welcome and the info and look forward to learning more and hopefully have a RT or SRT in the future..

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the forum.
You will fit just fine.
There is all shapes and sizes of the mopar puzzle and we all fit somewhere.
Lots to see, read, learn here.
Learn of places and suppliers that are Challenger friendly.

·
Super Moderator
14,199 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
You will fit just fine.
There is all shapes and sizes of the mopar puzzle and we all fit somewhere.
Lots to see, read, learn here.
Learn of places and suppliers that are Challenger friendly.
Stop digging up old New Member Introduction threads. They clutter the forum and make it appear that your only purpose is to increase your post count.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts