Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a really nice 2015 SRT 392 for sale up in Seattle (ironically, on a Ford dealer parking lot). 2015 SRT 392, 6K miles, sunroof (don't care for a sunroof, but whatever), $36K (before taxes), Jazz Blue Pearlcoat . Car can be seen on CARGURUS.
Initially I wanted to buy a 1320, but this one looks really sweet and I'm starting to consider just buying this SRT.
If I buy it and start modding it with a tune, is it going to exclude MDS?
One of the appeals of the Challenger over the Mustang is cylinder deactivation, so better fuel mileage on the expressway.
BTW, the car is being sold "AS IS". I asked about the history of the car and they said it had been purchased from an auction.

·
Registered
9,824 Posts
Can of worms IMO. Generally, the words MDS and engine tuning mods aren't used together.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,222 Posts
In my opinion, if I were to get a tune, it would be worth getting rid of MDS! We have a 2015 SRT 392 and I can tell you that MDS doesn't make that big of a difference in mileage. My right foot has more influence over gas consumption than MDS does. I also can't stand when Ruby goes into MDS mode because she doesn't feel or sound right! My comparison would like having an attack dog with no teeth! :D

In answering your question though, you can still tune your car and keep MDS if that's what you want to do but like 19johned53 said, they usually don't go together because most of the time you tune for power, not for mileage. That's why I say that your driving style has more influence than MDS does because when/if you tune, then most get rid of MDS and just learned to control things through their driving habits.

Just my thoughts!

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
3,228 Posts
There's a really nice 2015 SRT 392 for sale up in Seattle (ironically, on a Ford dealer parking lot). 2015 SRT 392, 6K miles, sunroof (don't care for a sunroof, but whatever), $36K (before taxes), Jazz Blue Pearlcoat . Car can be seen on CARGURUS.
Initially I wanted to buy a 1320, but this one looks really sweet and I'm starting to consider just buying this SRT.
One of the appeals of the Challenger over the Mustang is cylinder deactivation, so better fuel mileage on the expressway.
BTW, the car is being sold "AS IS". I asked about the history of the car and they said it had been purchased from an auction.
2015 SRT with 6K miles and an auction car. Not even a trade in at the Ford dealer. The car was picked up by the dealer as some kind of "halo" car. Might be a cream puff/garage queen but then again...

I'd be very very leery of this car. You better be able to give the car a thorough used car check out.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2015 SRT with 6K miles and an auction car. Not even a trade in at the Ford dealer. The car was picked up by the dealer as some kind of "halo" car. Might be a cream puff/garage queen but then again...

I'd be very very leery of this car. You better be able to give the car a thorough used car check out.
Thanks! I'm starting to think the same. Man, I just LOVE that Jazz Blue color. It looks amazing. I think I can find another though, with not as questionable of a history. The one thing that bugs me is, it rains a lot in the Seattle area, and dealers just leave these cars out on the lot.

·
Registered
6,999 Posts
Thanks! I'm starting to think the same. Man, I just LOVE that Jazz Blue color. It looks amazing. I think I can find another though, with not as questionable of a history. The one thing that bugs me is, it rains a lot in the Seattle area, and dealers just leave these cars out on the lot.
Check the carfax. It might have been at auction for some silly reason like RICO.

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
2,810 Posts
Is this an automatic I assume?

·
Registered
24 Posts
It looks like those 6K miles haven't been hard. If it's what you want, get it!

Sent from my TM800A612R using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts