Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I am planning on buying a 2011-14 Chrysler 300c Hemi. I am planning to hopefully install a turbo onto it (I would say one that runs 10 Psi or 15), my question is how many pounds of boost can I run on a stock 5.7 without any mods and stay reliable. If I want to go more than what the stock internals can handle, what should I upgrade to stay reliable? I am not knowledgeable on these things, not yet atleast. (No I am not getting a 6.4 SRT8)

please provide the list of mods I would need if possible

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
745 Posts
I believe the stock eagle 5.7 is limited to around 7-8psi but I have known of several who pushed around 10psi using meth.

You can always put some drop in piston and rods from modern muscle Xtreme and throw a little more at it reliably. Then you need to start worrying about the driveline..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe the stock eagle 5.7 is limited to around 7-8psi but I have known of several who pushed around 10psi using meth.

You can always put some drop in piston and rods from modern muscle Xtreme and throw a little more at it reliably. Then you need to start worrying about the driveline..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ok appreciated that information, so if I do get those drop in pistons, what do you think would be the limit for boost until the reliability really starts to fall?

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,144 Posts
Hmm, user named Toyota, with NISSAN logo. Asking about a Chrysler on a Dodge forum.
My answer would be. Get a SRT8 Core 300 and be done with it.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Hmm, user named Toyota, with NISSAN logo. Asking about a Chrysler on a Dodge forum.
My answer would be. Get a SRT8 Core 300 and be done with it.
You can only drive a lawnmower engine for so long man. Eventually you get sick of your exhaust sounding like a leaky butt hole.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Ok appreciated that information, so if I do get those drop in pistons, what do you think would be the limit for boost until the reliability really starts to fall?
With drop in pistons/rods the first limitation will be the fuel you are running not the pistons . 15 psi with 93 octane and around 22-24 psi on E85 or some type of race fuel . at either level you will have plenty of other components going bang before the piston will give out .

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Hello everyone, I am planning on buying a 2011-14 Chrysler 300c Hemi. I am planning to hopefully install a turbo onto it (I would say one that runs 10 Psi or 15), my question is how many pounds of boost can I run on a stock 5.7 without any mods and stay reliable. If I want to go more than what the stock internals can handle, what should I upgrade to stay reliable? I am not knowledgeable on these things, not yet atleast. (No I am not getting a 6.4 SRT8)

please provide the list of mods I would need if possible

Thanks in advance :)
I would recommend you start out researching turbo/supercharger kits for your car.

The turbo/supercharger kit manufacturer should have a recommendation for how much boost to run on a stock engine.

(As an aside a centrifugal supercharger is easier to "plumb" I think than a turbo. And you only need one supercharger. With a turbo set up you will likely need two, one turbo per cylinder bank.)

When I looked into turbo/supercharging (this was some time back) around 6psi on a stock engine with stock compression ratio and street gasoline was the safe limit.

If you want to run more boost stronger engine internals and better fuel (higher octane) will be required. Also, the fuel delivery system will probably need to be upgraded. Remember if you are making an extra say 100hp that is equivalent to running a bigger engine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts