Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to get a used set of these but I want to make sure they could be powder coated or painted? Also they are not chrome but what material are they made from?

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
The stock SRT wheels are Alcoa forged aluminum. They can be powder coated; however, the paint and clear coat will need to be stripped bfore they are powder coated.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info :thumbsup:

·
Registered
461 Posts
The stock SRT wheels are Alcoa forged aluminum. They can be powder coated; however, the paint and clear coat will need to be stripped bfore they are powder coated.
Though mine were the stock 18" aluminum wheels, stripped and powder coated for $150 per wheel

·
Registered
21 Posts
Clinton, can you tell me where you had those done? I have seen the US Wheel Exchange offer some core replacements in black. I really like the finish on yours. Thanks

·
Registered
126 Posts
"The Iron Garage" in Stony Plain Alberta did my supercharger install and looked after doing my rims at a custom paint shop in Edmonton Alberta. The Process takes about a week to do from the time you get your rims to the shop untill you put them back on your ride. Kinda hard to tell but the rims are actually "Brillant Black Crystal Pearl" color matched then clear coated. I had bought the center caps from Billet Technology( a rear pain the a_ _ to install about 40 washers and hold screws)

I would check local custom shops in your area if you want something similiar done..should be able to do no problem. I have seen others do theirs in flat black and that looked good as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts