Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi so i was wondering if i powder coat my rims will it effect me when returning my car because ive had many people saying yes it will and some say it wont effect me at the end, plz help.

·
Registered
130 Posts
i could see that going either way. i would ask the dealer to be sure.

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
Lease terms are it goes back just like you received it. Why would you invest or modify what you don’t own? B
The leasing company or Chrysler sets the rules, your dealership has no say in anything. If mama Chrysler says you have to pay for a set of rims upon return, you get a bill and have to pay it.

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
882 Posts
Lease terms are it goes back just like you received it. Why would you invest or modify what you don’t own? B
The leasing company or Chrysler sets the rules, your dealership has no say in anything. If mama Chrysler says you have to pay for a set of rims upon return, you get a bill and have to pay it.
I agree. Wouldn't it be a much better idea to just buy a set of wheels that suit you and stash away the ones that came on the car? That way, you wouldn't be stuck with the cost of powder coating and then having to pay to replace the wheels when you turn the car back in and have nothing left to show for it. You could switch the wheels back to factory and then sell the ones you bought and recover a bit of the money you paid.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts