Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone look into just stripping and powder coating the stock rims? Figured this would be a cheaper option maybe instead of paying for new rims. I don't like that enamel-like coating on my rims - seems like it keeps getting chips taken out of it - anyone else experiencing this? Figured I'd get matte black or that bronze powder coated on them, or will that chip, too?

Thanks for the info

·
Registered
814 Posts
Anyone look into just stripping and powder coating the stock rims? Figured this would be a cheaper option maybe instead of paying for new rims. I don't like that enamel-like coating on my rims - seems like it keeps getting chips taken out of it - anyone else experiencing this? Figured I'd get matte black or that bronze powder coated on them, or will that chip, too?

Thanks for the info
Wouldn't the powder coat also get chipped?

I plastidipped my wheels on my 14 matte black and it was inexpensive and looked clean. Removed my wheels, did one at a time and took me about 2 cans for the whole project.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,939 Posts
Powder coating can chip, but if the prep and powder coating are done correctly, they are generally much more chip resistant. A Guy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts