Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to have my challenger classic wheels powdercoated black by a professional. does anybody know about how much that would cost?
thanks

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
i think you can get it for less like 75 bucks a wheel all black.
if you want to do some custom work like polishing out the star and painting the SRT a color then more like 100 to 125

·
Registered
213 Posts
Good luck with that.....I researched it a bit and it's not that cheap.

If you can get it done inexpensively.......please share your story!!! From what I have learned, it'll cost a hell of a lot more to strip the chrome off those 20"s.......and have them redone in black. I called around and never got far enough to get a solid price for the job........

my 2 cents...it's gonna cost a lot more than you think!! .......you almost might as well buy new black wheels kind of expensive. If anyone has done this for $100 a wheel...speak up!! I doubt you will hear a real life experience of this......not for that money.

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
Contact these guys and ask for a quote

Home

I was thinking it was somewhere in the $100-$150 range per wheel, but could be wrong.

Mike

·
Registered
138 Posts
Good luck with that.....I researched it a bit and it's not that cheap.

If you can get it done inexpensively.......please share your story!!! From what I have learned, it'll cost a hell of a lot more to strip the chrome off those 20"s.......and have them redone in black. I called around and never got far enough to get a solid price for the job........

my 2 cents...it's gonna cost a lot more than you think!! .......you almost might as well buy new black wheels kind of expensive. If anyone has done this for $100 a wheel...speak up!! I doubt you will hear a real life experience of this......not for that money.
20'' Heritage Wheels are polished aluminum with clearcoat, not chrome. With the right solvents, the clearcoat is removed rather easily. I'm not even sure a total clearcoat removal is necessary for powder coating, but I'm no expert. After my clearcoat starts to get crappy, I plan on either removing the clearcoat or getting them powder coated silver. Theres tons of tutorials online on how to do remove the clearcoat from rims.

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
I do powdercoating myself (only small items). If I were doing the wheels, I would remove the clearcoat. But, as far as chrome is concerned, you do not need to remove the chrome, but do need to scuff it up so the powder will adhere. 3M pad does wonders.

Mike

·
Premium Member
4,024 Posts
Getting Roxie's done for $50 each

1 - 9 of 9 Posts