Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not sure if this has every been posted, but I consolidated the customer builds performed and posted by API into a list (sorted by highest HP to lowest). Hopes this helps some folks narrow down their power adder options for the 5.7. I may add approximated HP/Dollars later on. :smile:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
Cool I made 478/480 @ 6psi with a P1 procharger and SRT headers and catback on a mustang dyno. Bumped it to 7.x psi on a D1 with longtubes and never dynoed it but 275 tires became useless.

·
Registered
518 Posts
That's cool, thanks! HP/$ will get a little tricky depending if it was installed by a shop, and how much that can vary, but def a good idea.

This might be a dumb question, but were all these tuned on the dyno as well? i assume the s/c and long tube headers were, but if the others weren't it might be worth noting.

Also, don't know if it was your intention, but here you go. Only big power adder is the Whipple 2.9L @ 8lbs, but i also have a mopar cai and zoomers catback. It was tuned on the dyno as well.

2011 RT/Classic 6-speed. That whipple sure does make some power, but you might want to put an * for the dissatisfaction with that rattle noise I've posted about recently..

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
That's cool, thanks! HP/$ will get a little tricky depending if it was installed by a shop, and how much that can vary, but def a good idea.

This might be a dumb question, but were all these tuned on the dyno as well? i assume the s/c and long tube headers were, but if the others weren't it might be worth noting.

Also, don't know if it was your intention, but here you go. Only big power adder is the Whipple 2.9L @ 8lbs, but i also have a mopar cai and zoomers catback. It was tuned on the dyno as well.

2011 RT/Classic 6-speed. That whipple sure does make some power, but you might want to put an * for the dissatisfaction with that rattle noise I've posted about recently..
Thanks for the data point, all HP/Torque figures were taken from dyno sheets provided by API of customer builds:
https://www.shophemi.com/news.aspx

The HP/$ is tricky but I think I will stick with DIY as labor varies by location. Yeah your rattle is excessive and would drive me bananas...heck the valvetrain drove me so crazy that I installed new pushrods shortly after buying the car. Wonder if the rattle prompted the dedicated belt drive developed for the drag pack kit?

https://www.shophemi.com/p-2704-whipple-29l-hot-rod-kit.aspx

I am putting this together mainly because when I was looking into power adders I wanted to see what gave the most bang for the buck and I wished there was a list like this out there. I will post an updated version this weekend.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I always wanted to see how a 5.7 SC power curve compared to a stock 6.4. I found 2 charts from Arrington and Engauge Digitizer to extract the data points. I then plotted RWHP results and the power gain now visually sinks in.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts