Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here recently I was having an issue with my 2010 R/T where all electronics in my car would cut out/flicker while I was driving down the highway. I have found a few threads of others asking but not figuring it out and either selling or living with the issue. Living in a smaller town where most driving is on smaller state highways with usual wildlife and traffic, this was be a huge issue at night since I would lose power to my headlights. I looked everywhere I thought I could and eventually got frustrated and parked my car for a good 2 months and about gave up on it. Well I just got back into it and finally resolved the issue. There are two things that can cause this issue. At the fuse box in the trunk, there is both a power and a ground wire going into the side of the box. Check both wires for loose connection. In my case it was the ground. I drove around and had no problems for a good 30 miles, but then it's started again, just not as bad. So I went back to the house and checked the power and ground again but they seemed plenty tight so again I was scratching my head. I decided to check out the fuse box under the hood and there I found the positive post on passenger fender to be loose as well! I tightened it up and fell in love with the car all over again! Problem solved! Well I'm sorry for being long winded but I hope this helps someone out. Check these wires before taking your car into the shop and dropping some serious cash!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
321 Posts
That happend to me years ago. It kinda turned me into a car guy. I wanted to know what the issue was. I started looking online and at the car. Only to find a ground that needed to be locked down. I was thinking water or something had got to my car. All the local shops wanted $200 plus $ to look at the issue. Happy I know what to look for now days. Sometimes its the little things.... Good to hear you found what the issue was.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah it was very frustrating to try to track down. And it being in the most simple of places is what made me over look it time and time again. I love doing these things myself but am lacking one of the most important ingredients...patience! With age I hope I find some because life would be a lot easier I think lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts