Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I've been having a problem lately. If I drive my 17 Challenger Scat Pack for more than 30-45 minutes and try to romp on the gas, I start to accelerate and then, at about 4,500rpm, the engine starts to stutter and loses power to the point that I have the pedal to the floor and it barely accelerates. I can feel the car shaking a bit when it happens. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
688 Posts
Pull fuse #31 to reset the PCM adaptives.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
2,987 Posts
I've been having a problem lately. If I drive my 17 Challenger Scat Pack for more than 30-45 minutes and try to romp on the gas, I start to accelerate and then, at about 4,500rpm, the engine starts to stutter and loses power to the point that I have the pedal to the floor and it barely accelerates. I can feel the car shaking a bit when it happens. Any help would be great.
Any mods?

No CEL? No warning on the dash? A Dodge diagnostic computer might be able to pull some Dodge specific codes that may not in them selves cause a CEL but are logged under extraordinary circumstances. (When I had my Hellcat in for a goofy +paddle shift problem the shop foreman connected a Dodge diagnostic computer to the car and found several low power error codes. There had been no CEL, no warning message indicating any problem with the power.)

Absent a CEL or some warning about the engine in limp mode, I'm thinking the behavior is fuel related.

Fuel supply ok? You sure the tank has enough fuel? Have you changed the fuel filter recently? Did the behavior appear after a fill up? (Thinking "bad" gasoline.)

Fuel pumps can fail a number of ways. Ideally just stop working is probably the best. Next (maybe) is if the fuel pump works but not 100% and the engine acts up from the git go. The last is when the fuel pump works ok for a while then acts up.

While I can't say for sure the symptoms suggest the last type of fuel pump problem.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,846 Posts
Is traction control on? If there is any wheel slip (you may not hear or feel it) torque management kicks to regain traction.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts