Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2010 SRT8 has a manually operated passenger seat. My wife complains she sits too low and can't see out good and would like to raise the seat.

Would the 2011 pass seat fit and match my 2010? All the picturs on the web are those 392 SRT cars.

Is their vender (or Dodge) that has power seat motors/controls that I could convert my passenger seat to power operated?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Not sure, but while you'll performing research, a quick fix would be to install spacers under her current seat. I haven't taken out my seats, but I would think there would only 4 bolts holding down the seat. Perhaps a couple pieces of aluminum stock that run parallel underneath the OEM seat rails.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Does the 2011 SRT have a power passenger seat?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I did this on my old 82 Chevy Blazer. The seat in that truck was fine, height wise, but the angle made you feel like you were going to fall off the seat if you weren't belted in, and it annoyed me no end. I took steel angle iron and put pieces of it under the front of the seat until I got the angle I wanted, and I took it to a place that did machine work, and they cut me a wedge out of billet aluminum. A couple of decent bolts about 1" longer for the front, and it was all set. Cost was about $40 total. When I traded it in, I took it off, and sold it to a friend who had an 83 half ton with the same issue for $25. If you do something like this, make sure you buy decent grade 5 or 7 bolts, hardware store junk bolts will fail eventually. I was shown a couple that just sheared off at the dealer when I told them I was thinking about doing this.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Yes, from everything I have read.
I'm not so sure it does. Think about it...if the 2011 has a power pass seat, then access into the back seat would be limited.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts