Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed i always have power to my center console plug in. If i keep something plugged into it but not powered on is it safe to say the battery wont run down over night or after a few days???
Thanks guys in advance..

Ps where do i go to post pics of my car?

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
Check your manual, there is a fuse in the trunk fuse box that has two positions, one will give constant power and the other position will only be on with the ignition as an accessory.
Shown here at around 1:12

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No manual came with it but i do understand the two positions for constant power or just with ignition on...so with leaving it on constant power and having charger plugged into it but nothing hooked up to it...will it run my battery down ovrr night or after a few days?

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
I think the only one that can be changed is the one near the dash, it's normally hot with ignition only but can be set up to be hot all the time by moving a fuse in the rear fusebox by the battery. Go to dodge.com and download an owners manual as you really should have one anyway. The outlet in the console is always hot and far as I know it cant be changed.

On leaving it plugged in, I don't like to do that as I don't really trust some electronics so without a really good reason why I wouldn't do it and chances are one day you will forget to turn it off and depending how long it will probably kill the battery. We've seen posts like that on here before and the owners manual warns against leaving anything plugged in the console outlet so that's my 2 cents.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts