Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's going on everybody...

I'm looking for some insight/guide on flushing my power steering fluid on my 09 RT? And what kind of fluid is everyone using to replace it?:scratchhead:

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have a turkey baster I use to suck as much out as I can out of the reservoir at every oil change. I replace it with Mopar power steering fluid I get from the dealer.

No quite sure how to flush the entire system all at once but I suspect you would have to remove a hose and use an electric pump to pump fresh fluid trough the system. Seems like a big hassle.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I also use starburst's turkey baster method in my Mopars.
Suck out as much PS fluid as you can, refill, then start car and turn wheel lock-to-lock a few times to work out air bubbles. Do it a couple times and you should be good to go. You'll be surprised how dirty the old fluid is.
'09 factory spec is Mopar PS+ or ATF+4 fluid.
Spec for the 2014 is Fuchs or Pentosin German synthetic fluid, so they must have switched to a MB PS pump.

Reactions: ChrisNTN

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the information..!

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
Where is the power steering cap located?

I have a 2012 R/T and I don't see the powering steering reservoir cap anywhere. Can somebody tell me where it is located?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not sure on the 12 but mines is on the driver side next the site filter and coolant...

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I have a 2012 R/T and I don't see the powering steering reservoir cap anywhere. Can somebody tell me where it is located?
On 2011 and newer R/T's the power steering pump is electric, the pump sits under the fluid reservoir which is located on the passenger side under the windshield wiper fluid tank. You can't really see the cap from above, here is a pic of the tank after removing the fender liner, this was taken from another site.

Attachments

Reactions: R/T-Randy
1 - 7 of 7 Posts