Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got out of car to open gate....wheel was turned all the way to left....when I got back in & attempted to turn steering wheel right....I thought it was turned all the way to the right.... felt locked up....couldn't move it.
As I backed up very slowly, it was ok.
PS pump issue??

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Got out of car to open gate....wheel was turned all the way to left....when I got back in & attempted to turn steering wheel right....I thought it was turned all the way to the right.... felt locked up....couldn't move it.
As I backed up very slowly, it was ok.
PS pump issue??
How many issues have you had with your car already? Is it a Lemon?

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Starting to see a few issues with some cars...I would be getting with the dealer ASAP!

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Starting to see a few issues with some cars...I would be getting with the dealer ASAP!
Yea...still have 4 yrs 11 months 27 days to go.
Shoulda stuck with Red Bowtie!

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
lol, my PS pump failed on me not too long ago. I thought it might have been my kenne bell that did the damaged but I'm pretty sure it was just a bad pump.

The dealer took care of it even with the blower on, so I won't ***** about it too much.

Just take it in, get a new pump, end of story

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
This is not confidence inspiring.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
This is not confidence inspiring.
I have to agree there. No problems so far but I only 209 miles on it. I'll be putting another 160 on it today.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
^^^Its not like it goes out in one day. Its under warranty, no need to stress

·
Registered
16 Posts
im having a nice whine sound when i turn the steering wheel,,kinda worried,,,,not sure if its the ps belt or pump,,,,just started at 21k,,,,,

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,804 Posts
Didn't they go with electric power steering this year on the other models? Gee, I wonder why?:scratchhead:

·
Registered
973 Posts
im having a nice whine sound when i turn the steering wheel,,kinda worried,,,,not sure if its the ps belt or pump,,,,just started at 21k,,,,,
Did you check your power steering fluid? It could be low.

This same thing happened to my wife's Caravan. Filled the fluid to the top and in about 10 miles of driving the whine disappeared.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Is the 2011 HD Power Steering pump a direct swap for the pre 2011s? It would be nice to get the reservoir away from the intake.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well firstly, thanx to everyone who replied to my post...I took the chally the dealer and turns out the whine was more of a "whistle"...and my egr valve hose was disconnected.!!!!fixed by dealer and runs great!!,,thanx again!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts