Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few days ago, I noticed a fairly loud squeal coming from my car while my wheel was turned slightly to the left. My apartment complex has a roundabout at the front, and the noise was most noticeable around that, and only at lower speeds. I've always noticed a quiet noise when turning the wheel either while sitting still (which I know is bad, and I don't do it often) and while performing parking maneuvers. I've already searched this, only to find a majority of pre-2011 vehicle affected, or people not clear on exactly what was wrong and a cost associated with either fixing or replacing parts. My car is a 2011 R/T Classic, one owner, right under 50k miles. Anyone had a similar issue? Anyone know about how much I should expect the dealer to charge me? Thanks

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Still haven't heard back from the dealer. Nobody has any info?

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Wish I could help, are you sure its power steering noise?
Is it only turning "left"?
Does it go away while slightly applying the brake when happening?
Does it sound like its outside the car or inside?

Just throwing it out there.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wish I could help, are you sure its power steering noise?
Is it only turning "left"?
Does it go away while slightly applying the brake when happening?
Does it sound like its outside the car or inside?

Just throwing it out there.
Its definitely outside the car, and I have heard it when the wheel wasn't turned left, its just worse slightly turned left. And the sound is more of a hydraulic screech than brakes. My brakes have always made noise, even with 90% of the pads left. But its a totally different sound. The reason I'm pretty sure its power steering is because I went about 15 mph on a straight road and swerved back and forth and it came and went, mostly showing itself when the wheel turned the slight left. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's what it is based on what I hear and what I've seen online about our cars and power steering issues.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Mine makes a noise too when I turn to the left, trip to the dealer is on order I am afraid...anyone else has any issue with their 2014?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts