Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hello,
I hope all is well. I’m experiencing an electrical issue with my 2016 Scat Pack. These lights come on intermittently. When this happens the steering wheel locks up.

I’m at the point of taking it to a dealership. However, I don’t know of any reputable shops in Central Valley, CA.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks in advance for your time! 🙏🏾

·
Premium Member
837 Posts
I see two lights on your dash.... ABS and the traction control "off" turn your traction control back on and see what happens. If your ABS continues I'd guess you need a new sensor(s). Do you have any codes? If you do, checks those first and see if anything is related.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I see two lights on your dash.... ABS and the traction control "off" turn your traction control back on and see what happens. If your ABS continues I'd guess you need a new sensor(s). Do you have any codes? If you do, checks those first and see if anything is related.

Thanks!
Thanks so much for your response.
the traction control is engaged when those lights appear. The lights are intermittent, they never stay in for more than 5-10 seconds. When they come on I loose power steering as well.
Zero fault codes stored.

·
Registered
2011 SXT Built in the Canada Plant
2,509 Posts
If your having Electrical issues that can interfere with Steering since you have an Electrical Powered Power Steering Pump...

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
27,254 Posts
Generally the symptoms indicate a bad wheel speed sensor, although the steering locking up is not so common a complaint, the lights and message are

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
17,311 Posts
you'll need a scanner beyond a standard OBD-II scanner.

Some of the ones that can scan ABS systems might give you more. The dealer can scan the Body Control Module with their tools and get far more details.

I'd inspect all the underbody electrical connections and harnesses - make sure they have clean tight grounds and there's no damaged or chafed wires and no rusty grounds. The electrical system is sensitive to low voltages or bad grounds

1 - 6 of 6 Posts