Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im 17 and just got my first Hemi and I have a problem with my power steering. At first it was the hose (which I replaced). But there is something more. Whenever I start up the car, I still hear squeaky sounds as if my hose didn’t work, but it does. There is no fluid being lost, there’s no leaks, and my steering wheel still does not have any power. I feel like I’m using all my strength to turn it. Any help?

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Your pump may not be turning/locked up or belt is slipping so badly that its not turning the pulley properly. thus system is not recieving pressure/fluid, thus the hard wheel.
check the easy stuff 1st (belt tension, pulley turning with engine running). Failing that being the problem, you may have a bad pump. can also be a bad rack, air in the system, something got bent, broken, jammed up, etc. but checking for actual belt operation would be my 1st quick check, followed by pump being operational.

·
Premium Member
1,642 Posts
Im 17 and just got my first Hemi and I have a problem with my power steering. At first it was the hose (which I replaced). But there is something more. Whenever I start up the car, I still hear squeaky sounds as if my hose didn’t work, but it does. There is no fluid being lost, there’s no leaks, and my steering wheel still does not have any power. I feel like I’m using all my strength to turn it. Any help?
Hi AdamRT, We certainly understand why this may be concerning. We understand you are reaching out to fellow forum members, however if you are not able to remedy this concern with the advice provided here, I kindly recommend connecting with your local Dodge dealer.
Rob
DodgeCares

1 - 4 of 4 Posts