Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everybody, new member here happy to be on the forum.

Does anybody have any feedback on the Powerstop Street Warrior Brake Kit (Power Stop 1-Click Z23 Street Warrior Brake Kits with Calipers 2005-2016 3.5L/3.6L/5.7L Challenger/Charger/300 w/ 12.5" Vented Rear Rotors)? I am considering putting this brake kit on my 16 R/T Shaker and two thoughts that occur to me are:

1) Would changing the stock calipers to those in this kit be enough of an improvement over just replacing rotors and pads to justify the large extra expenditure on installation labor?

2) Would changing to this kit be a noticeable improvement over stock brakes particularly in terms of heat resistance?

It is time for a brake repair or replacement as I ran on track at VIR in November on stock configuration and glazed the rotors pretty good, the stock rotors can’t handle the heat. I will be doing the occasional track day so heat resistance is important. My brakes are definitely softer now after VIR so now I need to resurface my rotors, replace rotors and pads, or upgrade calipers and all. I wish I could afford StopTech or Wilwood brakes but I can’t afford them right now. This Power Stop kit seems like an affordable option from a reputable company. I would use Z26 pads in place of the Z23 pads that come with the kit as they have better heat resistance. I’ve been quoted $800 for just the labor for replacing the calipers and everything entailed such as bleeding the brake lines. Obviously it would be much less labor to just replace the rotors and pads and keep the stock calipers. I’m trying to figure out if most of the improvement comes from slotted and vented rotors and better pads or if there would be enough noticeable improvement from replacing the calipers as well to justify the significant increase in total cost.

Thanks for any feedback

·
Registered
78 Posts
no expert but i think those are just the stock calipers painted red, id save the money and just get new pads and rotors. on the other hand you could drop $4k and get the baer kit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
EBC Rotors and Hawk Pads

no expert but i think those are just the stock calipers painted red, id save the money and just get new pads and rotors. on the other hand you could drop $4k and get the baer kit.
I think you're right. Plus you get what you pay for, I'm guessing it's worth it to spend that much on great rotors and pads rather than get this kit where everything is cheap.

I've been looking through forum search results and it seems many people like the combo of EBC rotors and Hawk HPS 5.0 pads. In trying to find the specific model number EBC rotors (I want slotted) most of the results I'm seeing are for pre-2015 Challengers, anybody know which specific EBC rotors will work on a 15-18 R/T (with rear vented rotors)?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,075 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts