Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, when going past 80MPH and attempting to stop, I get a pretty good wobble. I am assuming my Rotors might be warped/ at the end of their life due to the car having 90k now. Brake pads are still good.

I was looking @ the Power Stop Rotor and pad kit on RockAuto.

POWER STOP K256026 Z26 Street Warrior
Front

$188.79

&

POWER STOP K2560 {#BK712595} Z23 Evolution Sport
Front

$167.89

The question is can these be just swapped onto my 2010 Challenger RT with the STP package / HD Brakes?

Do I need different Calipers?

Summit racing does not have the Challenger listed as an application for it but Rockauto does.

Hmm I just want new rotors, Since I am replacing them why not go with slotted/ drilled?

I just want to see if anyone has use these without having to swap calipers.

Or if the HD brake package is different from the regular RT brakes

after searching some people say it is just the pads that they used in the police pursuit cars and other say there are different part number for the STP

:|:|a

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 SRT392 A8 in white pearl coat
1,365 Posts
You don't know that your rotors are bad until you measure them. Any good brake shop will do this for free as part of their estimate. Just look up what the minimum is supposed to be. If you can't find the answer, just call the service department at your fav. Dodge dealer. Ask them about the minimum brake rotor thickness. Once you know this number, you have two choices: have them checked or check them yourself.

DIY: Harbor Freight sells a 6 inch caliper for 2.99 CLICKY HERE
It's cheap, but it will give you your measurement within about + or- .001 of an inch. They're plenty accurate for what you need to do. They have a 20.00 dial caliper for sale if ya want to spend a little more for something easier to read: up to you.
Pop your wheel off, and check your rotors. Not hard to do. Then ya know. A good brake shop might indeed be able to true up those rotors and save you a bundle.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info, I will check out the HF store near by it never hurts to check myself and to have it for future reference. I will look up the specs for my stock rotors. I purchased the car used with 78k miles and it's getting up there. The previous owner did maintain it properly and even has a lot of pad left on it, just not sure if they might have turned the rotors more than once before. The measuring tool will answer that.

Might pull the trigger on the upgraded rotors since they might have more bite

·
Registered
162 Posts
I agree with garyahouse. One thing you should also be cognizant of is that it could be a seized caliper. Not likely where you live, but always something to check first before tossing rotors etc. I made that mistake on my GX and i ended up frying a brand new set of rotors because I failed to check for full compression and extension of the calipers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts