Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Lets hear it! Who's motor ya running? How long did it take to it get it running? I purchased a PWR rotating assembly got it in 9 days. The machine shop took 2 weeks to complete the engine ready to pick up. I then installed and and had it running 5 days later.

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
Soon. I've been a good boy and Santa's coming! Probably not until late January but hey as long as I'm on the list. Haha!

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
blew my stocker up, HHP ordered me a BES took 2 weeks to get it and 2 weeks to hit the drums ran a 10.9 back to back first time out

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Guys my point with this thread is to explain and offer any help with a build project. We have plenty of very experienced guys on this forum that have been through the build process. GSO, Hemi 31 are some of the walking Bible's of the Late Model Dodge platform on this forum that do not work for a shop.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
PWR 426. Took about 3 months to get it. I am installing it in my garage right now.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Ordered mine 8-10 months ago and finished it today :)

Right now we are about 4-6 weeks out on a built shortblock.

Bayou Tigers: 11/02 and will ship this week (6 weeks)

Chad Darcy: 11/12 and it shipped last week. (3 weeks)

Luke: 11/04 and picked up last week. (4 weeks)

Jason D: 11/13 and shipping late this week (4 weeks)

Kent P: 11/29 and will ship Friday (3 weeks)

09R/T: 10/28 and shipping Wednesday (6 weeks)

I have 2 lower compression 419 rotating assemblies and 2 lower compression 393's ready to go, but we are waiting on cores right now.

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
PWR 426. Took about 3 months to get it. I am installing it in my garage right now.
Dang man how about some pics!

Arrington did mine in 5 days.

I rolled up to their front door on a Monday morning at 7am. Dropped the car off.

They built the motor, installed it and a blower, EPOC valve job on the heads, upgraded fuel system, and tuned. I picked it up 7pm Friday night and drove the car 450 miles home.

Arrington did two friends' cars the at the same time (we all got the same package). We hung out together in town for the week while the cars were built.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Inertia 426 don't recall turn around time. Have had no issues with motor though, very strong. Ran 11.56 at 117mph N/A for pb with Paramount perfomance Tranny with trans brake. This is the build Greg (03HDFB) has headed up for me, Greg will be doing the KB install soon.

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
Dang man how about some pics!

Arrington did mine in 5 days.

I rolled up to their front door on a Monday morning at 7am. Dropped the car off.

They built the motor, installed it and a blower, EPOC valve job on the heads, upgraded fuel system, and tuned. I picked it up 7pm Friday night and drove the car 450 miles home.

Arrington did two friends' cars the at the same time (we all got the same package). We hung out together in town for the week while the cars were built.
Tell me that wasn't a kick butt experience, J?!? Adult bevies!!! Made some great friends, got my ride back in less than a week, and then drove it straight through to Houston 1100-1200 miles away.

What Speedy said... Arrington took a 2009 5.7, stroked it to a 6.0 with a forged Scat crank, K-1 rods, some serious Mahle pistons with rings for boost. Mild blower camshaft, ARP studs, cometic gaskets, a bit of head work, changed over to the SRT8 shorties and midpipes so I can pass emissions testing in TX, an A.J. (hemituner) tune and a few other bits and bobs like a proper clutch to handle the mojo. And it didn't break the bank.:pimp:

HemiSam

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Guys lets not make this a debate of who makes more power. I think PWR could start a thread about engine sizes and his experiences with the various combination's Turbo vs Supercharger vs Nitous Oxide and All Throttle aka NA.I just want to keep it on track about the choice of engine? Who built it? How long did it take to get completed and running. We could debate all day and still agree to disagree about who makes more HP. BTW I chose a 426 for one reason and 1 reason only. I had to say I had a 426 Hemi that is priceless in my book !!
G I moved the other posts to here:
http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=691347#post691347

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
Tell me that wasn't a kick butt experience, J?!? Adult bevies!!! Made some great friends, got my ride back in less than a week, and then drove it straight through to Houston 1100-1200 miles away.

What Speedy said... Arrington took a 2009 5.7, stroked it to a 6.0 with a forged Scat crank, K-1 rods, some serious Mahle pistons with rings for boost. Mild blower camshaft, ARP studs, cometic gaskets, a bit of head work, changed over to the SRT8 shorties and midpipes so I can pass emissions testing in TX, an A.J. (hemituner) tune and a few other bits and bobs like a proper clutch to handle the mojo. And it didn't break the bank.:pimp:

HemiSam
I was one of the 3 amago's. Arrington did a fantastic job to get 3 Cars done in a week ( not many places that can do that ) Arrington did such a great job on my Car it is now back there for more Work ( More HP to the Rear Wheels ) Power is like *** you can never get enought

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Looking like a forged 6.1 is what I will do. HHP most likely, Josh you need a shop in the Midwest hint hint. Denver would be nice.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Built my own 426 with my friend from scratch with all of the best parts out there, 150 passes on the 1/4, 519 rwhp N/A runs 11.16 and 10.4 on juice squirting only part of the 1/4.....Half the fun is doing it yourself, at least in my book.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
BM go with a larger displacement

1 - 20 of 39 Posts