Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Phantom Black SXT+ 100th Anniversay
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone swapped their stock A5 shift knob? If so, what style / model did you replace it with? Interested in seeing what you did. Looking to change mine out with something a little cooler. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,227 Posts

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,948 Posts
Actually it's cha1 , case sensitive...or at least always was ;)

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,948 Posts
Yeah, I've only used it once myself. I searched and found Luke saying it was case sensitive

A Guy

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
I went with the Mopar T-handle shifter as mentioned by RoadTrippin'. I bought it used from a friend who took it out of a Chrysler he'd installed it in and then sold the car.

·
Registered
Phantom Black SXT+ 100th Anniversay
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks guys. I think I like the T-handle. What is the material, plastic or metal? Any pointers on the install? Not sure how to remove the stock one.

·
Premium Member
2,227 Posts
Thanks guys. I think I like the T-handle. What is the material, plastic or metal? Any pointers on the install? Not sure how to remove the stock one.
The T-handle is the real deal chromed metal. The install is easy. Trying to get the original knob off had me bamboozled. Just pull down on the plastic chrome ring below it, and you should be good to go.

·
Premium Member
2008 Challenger SRT8 #1101
271 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
I've changed mine twice. First was the black Hurst ball included with the Hurst Comp Stick kit. Second was a custom-made white ball with inlaid Hurst logo. Third shifter handle is on the way (Hurst brushed aluminum T-handle).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts