Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Vendor
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Solo Performance is proud to introduce our new 2015 Challenger V6 SXT Catback Exhaust Kit. The design is almost identical to our earlier model V6 kits, with slight variations in the bends and hangers. The kit has our J pipe technology to eliminate the drone, along with our center Mach muffler. The Mach muffler has an X pipe built inside of it. There is no need to add an additional X pipe, and the J pipes in the rear eliminate the need to add the weight and restriction of a second muffler.

The piping is mandrel bent 2.25" T409 stainless steel. The tips and muffler is T304 polished stainless steel. You have the option of retaining the stock tips, or having our quad round or quad square tips. The quad square seem to be the fan favorites!

Presale pricing is for the first 10 customers only. We will have product ready to ship on June 9, but will be taking the first ten orders starting immediately. I will be updating a list in this thread.

Pre-sale pricing is as follows:

SXT Catback with Solo Quad Tips (Round or Square)- $675 shipped to continental US and some parts of Canada

SXT Catback retaining OEM Tips- $599 shipped to the continental US and some parts of Canada

Contact Information:
Steve Mariano
516-655-9002 (7 days a week, until midnight EST)
[email protected]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NADynd9w1A&feature=youtu.be

·
Vendor
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
List- FIRST 10 ONLY!

1. Michael Schuhlein- PAID
2. mswezey- PAID
3. S. Mundi- PAID
4. bt1024- PAID
5. nc15sxt- PAID
6. Sebastian M.- PAID (install in Mississauga)
7. Jeremy L.- PAID
8. Tucsonchallengerman- PAID
9. Aziz A.- PAID
10. acyr90- PAID

·
Premium Member
2015 Challenger SXT+
201 Posts
Ahh so tempting... and to think I'm getting $705 back from my GAP insurance refund.

·
Vendor
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Retail will be quite a bit higher, so this would be the time to jump on it. If you have the money, it's well worth it. We are very proud of this kit!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2015 Challenger SXT+
201 Posts
Well be expecting a call from me tomorrow!

Knowing my luck 9 others will call before me though haha.

·
Registered
38 Posts
About a week ago, I was looking at all my exhaust upgrade options, listening to clips and vids on YouTube - I had watched and bookmarked the video for the 2009-2014 MACH-X-V6-CH (Video: https://youtu.be/yZpnfdPdWmc) and thought that it sounded the best... I thought that is definitely how I want my Challenger to sound... After loggin in tonight, I saw the Pre-sale offer for the 2015 Challenger here on the forum, so I called Steve and placed my order tonight...

I got the square exhaust tips - Oh, hey you also get a free "Solo Performance" T-shirt with your order...

The Challenger in the new 2015 video above (Video: https://youtu.be/6NADynd9w1A) sounds great as well... I guess they will do a full video like the one that was done for the 2009-2014 model year exhaust - I'm sure the new setup will sound just as good on the full runs (at WOT)....

Anyhow, my exhaust will ship next week - I hope to have an appointment to get it installed the same week.... So, I will try to do a video and post it here (or I guess youtube) - It may be a while since I've been busy working extra hours for work, though I hope to take the full day off for the exhaust install and then just drive around the rest of the day...

BT1024

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hey all. I just want to say that if anyone is on the fence about getting this exhaust it is definitely worthwhile! I got the exhaust delivered this past Thursday, and spent a few hours Saturday morning doing the install (very easy install, especially if you got a friend to help out). The fit and finish of the kit was definitely a happy moment for me - its clear that quality is at the center of what Solo Performance does.

The sound is great. The videos posted give you a good idea of what it sounds like, though in person it sounds "throatier", and has a nice full sound to it - not a v8 sound, but something that sure makes a v6 sound mean. The sound under WOT is fantastic, especially if you wind it out and get that nice little back rap between gears.
The great thing about this system is that the sound maintains its character throughout the rpm range. There's no "rice" sound at all, and its definitely a unique exhaust note in the higher rpm ranges (my dad referred to it as similar to an indy car - definitely a cool thing). It is a fairly loud system under load, though the interior cabin noise is tame enough where there's little to no drone, and you don't have to raise your voice for conversation, or turn your radio all the way up just to hear anything.

Honestly, I think my only "issue" with this exhaust is that I've seem to come down with a case of lead foot :wink3:. Thanks Solo Performance for the awesome kit!

·
Premium Member
2015 Challenger SXT+
201 Posts
I received it on Saturday! I'm been packing all weekend, moving this Tuesday. Doing the install this coming Saturday!

Will report back with a before/after video and a brief review.

·
Premium Member
2015 Challenger SXT+
201 Posts
Installed last night and I'm loving it!

Thanks Solo Performance! :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
All,
I had my Solo Performance Exhaust installed on Monday - did some driving around Monday, then only driving a short drive back and forth to work...
After work tonight, I was showing my friend the new exhaust, and then he followed me for a bit on the ride home, I didn't know he recorded a short video - he sent it to me later... I plan to do a drive by video later, when my friend comes back from vacation in 2 weeks...

I am really satisfied with the sound of the exhaust (inside the car and outside)... As Michael Schuhlein noted above, I too definitely have a case of "Lead foot"....

It also seems to me like I have a bit more power/pickup now with the Solo Performance exhaust installed...

Also, I'm not sure if my Mopar CAI has an effect on the sound - maybe it makes it a bit louder, I'm not sure...

- I posted the video to Google Drive...
- I also posted a start-up and rev Audio file I did Monday night (it was dark out, so no video, just did audio).

2015 Challenger SXT, Mopar Cold Air Intake, Solo Performance Exhaust (Mach X):
Video .MP4: Short clip, accelerating auto-stick 2nd gear:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B95bNejT1uuyLXRIVFAyRXRxeFU

Video (Same as above, just different format) .MOV: Short clip, accelerating auto-stick 2nd gear:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B95bNejT1uuyemVjTEhJTlBLR3c

Audio: 2015 .M4a: - Start-up, then 2 engine revs:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B95bNejT1uuyWkFobHlLbEY3TUU

·
Registered
38 Posts
I was just checking my links to make sure they worked OK and I had to watch and listen to the video a couple of times - It won't be often that I get to listen to my car from a 3rd person point of view outside the car...

I have to say it again - Damn! the exhaust sounds great outside the car... Also, the Challenger, my Challenger, our Challengers are great looking cars (in motion and standing still)..

1 - 20 of 30 Posts