Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a new predator and it says in the rules *IMPORTANT NOTE:
All electronic aftermarket add on parts can create a potentail power draw.
One of the things it mentions is audio/video equipment and it says please disconnect or disable any such add on part.
Has anyone with a lockpick used a predator and if so did you unhook the lockpick before flashing?
Thanks for any help.:scratchhead:

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I didn't get any replies on this but if anyone else has this question, I put a tune in my car today and never unhooked the lockpick. I turned off the heater and radio, all went fine.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I didn't bother when i loaded the tune in with mine. Just made sure the heater was off before i started. Figured the battery could handle any draw on the system while it was still fairly new. Seemed to work just fine loading the tune in. Haven't tried reloading the factory tune back in yet, may start switching them back and forth depending on what gas i want to use at the time, with gas prices high again i'm leaning to using regular again.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't put the old one back in. Just stayed with the 93 CAI for now. I only paid 3.13 for 93 octain and no ethenol today and I don't drive it enough to make me change back yet.

·
Registered
585 Posts
3.13 wow we're paying upwards of $3.50 for 87 octane and 93 is pushing $4.00 a gallon in new york. all the more reason im staying with the 89 octane!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Last month was the first time I paid over $3 for 93. I know when we go up north it's always more.

·
Premium Member
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
I was told by a Tuner and I think its in the DS directions. To shut off every power draw you can. Dont open windows or open/close doors, raido ect. while flashing a tune. You also want a fully charged battery. The voltage variance CAN make somthing screwed up during a flash. Why take the chance. Turn everything off. I have opened the door by accident when flashing and no issues, no problem.
Why chance it.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Flat Top the original question was did I need to pull the radio out and remove the lockpick to use the predator. I was just saying after no body said yes or no it worked without removing it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts