Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been playing with my predator for the past week, and tried all the different standard tuning options. This is my experience.

As soon as I did the "downgrade" (which was required), I noticed that when I shift, the revs hang around 2000 rpm between shifts. They hang there and very slowly come down. I've seen this in other cars, but never that it hangs so long. I find it very annoying.

Unfortunately, it does this with all of the programs and seems to be a direct result of the "Downgrade". It never did this before. Its drivable, but it takes some getting used to and the worst part is that it will do this while the car is in gear, which makes engine braking questionable and also makes it tough to shift smooth. This "hanging" effect seems to be fairly unpredictable. Most of the time the revs hang, while other times they drop.

Is this normal? If not, what can I do to resolve this?

I obviously can't "upgrade" back to the "AD" program until Diablo comes up with that upgrade but I'm wondering if its definitely related to that or not. Maybe its something else?

I am impressed overall with the power added at the high rpm ranges, but the combination of this "hanging rev" situation and the fact that the car is a little flaky at very low speeds (I park in a parking deck, and notice its very hard to drive a lower speeds now that I have the predator) has given me mixed feelings about it.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
I didn't have to downgrade mine and it's an auto so that might be a differant beast but with a 93 CAI tune I don't have any of those problems. With your old tune does it still have those low end problems?

·
Banned
1,992 Posts
The "rev hang" issue goes away after a drive or two. I experience it for a short time any time I change the tune in my R/T. It takes the adaptives a bit to adjust. Best way to set the adaptives too is to hammer on it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was pretty smooth at the low end before doing the "downgrade". After the downgrade, even with stock tune its flaky down low and the revs are hanging. I test drove it after the downgrade before doing any of the tunes and that is when I noticed the revs hanging. Its almost like my foot is a little bit on the gas the whole time, but its unpredictable.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I may have to blast a few runs up the highway tomorrow to see if it goes away...

So when you do a "tune", does it clear the "learning parts" or do you need to do something? I heard about pulling a fuse or something to clear out all the bad memories in the computer.

·
Super Moderator
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
Its typical, for some to do that. I thought I had a vac leak at first. It pcm will relearn. It somtimes has to "Settle Down" after flashing a tune. Mine did it also. You dont have to reflash the whole tune when making "quick"adjustments. It will stay smooth for it has already learned to. But if your going from tune to tune, youll have that. Its worse on some cars than others, I have no idea why. its Hal,
FT

·
Registered
864 Posts
I may have to blast a few runs up the highway tomorrow to see if it goes away...

So when you do a "tune", does it clear the "learning parts" or do you need to do something? I heard about pulling a fuse or something to clear out all the bad memories in the computer.
You can pull the #2 fuse under the hood to erase the adaptive driving crap, whATever they call that thing that remembers your driving habits.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts