Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Predator disappointment!

9K views 50 replies 21 participants last post by  Ironside 
#1 · (Edited)
Installed the predator yesterday with 91 cai, nice improvement but tried to use quick adjust parameters for esp, tcm, shiftpoints, shift firmness and they were not available. called Diablo and they said these were not supported on a 09 R/T. told me to check every month for an update.
like getting a great toy for Christmas but no batteries!
just have to sit on it for a while.:(..:bigthumb::bigthumb::bigthumb:

09 R/T automatic.

see last post for my happy news:guiness:

#5 ·
don't get this wrong the boxed tunes are there an d the one i loaded is great, there are other parmaeters that the predator updates/changes (listed in original post) that are not supported at this time for the 09 R/T. like i'm halfway home, closer but not there. i was told to check every month for a predator update. who knows when that will happen.

#6 ·
I adjusted the transmission shift firmness on my 09 R/T (which I don't have anymore). I don't know if I accessed it via Quick adjust or not... I do know I tried it on my 2010 R/T classic, I think through Quick adjust and it said it wasn't supported. I thought it odd, but haven't looked into it any further yet.

Mike

#7 ·
Yah I"ve known about that for a year and have been trying to let people know but I keep getting my head shoved under water by the supporters.

Same old song and dance about keep checking for updates. When I discovered it I think it was software 17 now their at somethng like software 27 :dunno:

#9 ·
Why do they not tell you upfront so the frustration factor is not there. i still would have invested in the predator but would not have been PO'd.
i would like a better answer from Diablo than check monthly, are they working on it or not? 1 month 3months 6months or never!

#11 ·
I sure know what your talking about... I bought a Diablo Predator at the '08 SEMA show for my '09 R/T after the sales guy told me all the fantastic things it did... Forgot to tell me the important part: The tune wasn't available yet but they were working on it. Had to wait almost 6 months to get something usable in my car, and then the first few versions sucked.

Had practically the same issue with my Shelby. Tune didn't work right (throttle hung when coming to a stop) that took a 2nd party tuner to finally figure out. When they finally do get it, it's great, it just takes awhile. I'd still buy from them again.

#14 · (Edited)
you look at the grid! 09 is predator 7135.
no disclaimers!
i would like Diablo to tell me and the other09 R/T owners when they expect to do the update.

Diablomike are you able to shed some light on this. please PM me.

#15 ·
U7135 Stock Vehicle Tunes:
5.7 HEMI 20 rwhp 20-25 ft/lbs
6.1 HEMI 20-25 rwhp 20-25 ft/lbs
93 Octane Performance Tune
91 Octane Performance Tune
93 Octane Performance CAI Tune
91 Octane Performance CAI Tune
Modify Factory Tune
U7135 Specific Features:
Click here to see more details on how to adjust parameters.
Axle Ratio
Idle RPM Drive/Neutral
WOT Fuel 1k-3.8k / 4k-5k / 5k-7k
Rev Limit Drive/Neutral
WOT Spark 1k-3.8k / 4k-5k / 5k-7k
Cooling Fan adjustment
Tire Size
Shift Points(preset values)(05-07 models ONLY)
Shift firmness(preset values)(5.7L HEMI models ONLY)
Autostick auto upshift enable/disable(05-07 models ONLY)
ESP enable/disable
MDS enable/disable
TCM adaptive reset
Speed limit
Read/Write time is approx 60 seconds
Clear codes supported
Multiple custom tunes.
All standard DiabloSport Predator features

#18 · (Edited)
not, the quick adjustment parameters, ie esp mode,reset tcm adaptation, shift points, shift firmness, autostick auto upshift, are not supported for the 09 auto, i called Diablo and they confirmed that these are not available....

Vtodd, Please check out as I'm v.9r27 and it is not available and called Diablo and they confirmed that>

#20 · (Edited)
I just tried it on my 2010 R/T (auto). You are correct, I could not adjust it through "quick adjust". However, I was able to adjust the transmission shifting firmness through the modify tune menu. You can do this even if the tune is already loaded in the PCM.

Plug in pred,
select Diablo tunes,
select the tune that is currently loaded (in my case, 93 CAI),
select modify tune,
then, I think, adjust parameters,
then transmission,
and finally transmission shift firmness

Once you increase shift firmness, it will change it in the PCM, you don't have to reload the whole tune again.

Shift point adjustment is not supported for 09 and above 5.7's... just shift firmness. Not sure about the other items you asked about.

Oh, and Im on v.23

I did it this same way on my 09 R/T auto last year.

Hope it helps

Mike

#22 ·
lol lol, yep, I searched high and low, months and months ago. No one will be able to get in. Only way to get gear hold is an 06-7 MTCM. and it has some issues with some cars. I dont have any issues, i got gear hold I needed. MTCM does work a little diffrent than stock TCM. On the MTCM, converter lock up solonoid ingauges really fast under part throttle. Stuff like that. I go from MTCM at track to TCM on the street.
If wondering why I need gear hold.?? Not for John Force burn outs either. Beacuse I have a loose 4000 stall, my stock TCM auto shifts,(in auto stick mode) at the top of 4000rpm, during the stall itself.(no good) MTCM gear hold allows me to stay in first until it get to 5700 rpm. The car senses the slip, stall,mph,rpm.

#24 ·
I purchased my Predator U7135 with the 9r17 crom file loaded in it.A few weeks ago I updated the Predator with the latest 9r27 crom file and upon doing so I noticed that some of the parameters in the 'Quick Adjust' and 'Modify Tune' menues were not present as in the 9r17 crom file.It seems Diablosport has removed these options but why is not clear.

I will try to post the specific details of what went missing with the 9r27 crom file when I check my notes for accuracy.

Seems very strange why they would do this,... :scratchhead:

#25 ·
i wonder if they had some problems with quick adjust choices and just deleted the options as at one time they had MDS delete and shift firmness which i wanted to do. i will claa DS on monday and try to get some info as to whats going on.
thx for the info 09r/t/pony.

#26 ·
Cruz
Shift firmness and MDS off is in the deeper menu options, under modify Diablo tune. Did you try that yet and did it work for you?

I too wish they were in quick choice, but maybe, for whatever reason, they were having problems with that.

Mike

#27 ·
Walaby, i'll check that tomorrow. But why would the helpdesk at DS say its not available/supported? why wouldn't they tell me to go there. thanks for the info.

Any other R/T Automatics out there ever use MDS delete on the predator, or shift firmness. please advise, oh and is still available to you?

#28 ·
Seems strange that the predator does more for the auto than the 6 speeds (info from the many posts here) as far as performance, but doesn't support the trans stuff for an automatic.
Hey I'll try to get some answers tomorrow and post.

#29 ·
I have a 09 auto R/T and the first thing i did was turn off the mds! I have noticed that with the predator tune you cant adjust the shift firmness but if u get a custom tune then the predator will allow u to increase the shift firmness. I can also mess with all kinds of parameters and adjust top speed, fan settings, etc! Even though i believe u can adjust those with normal pedator tune!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.