Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just something I learned and thought it might save someone some time if I shared it. I got my Predator from Maryland speed with a PC interface kit. I sent emails back and forth for a week and a half to them and they sent me some stuff to try to get it to work. they sugested I call Diablosport direct and have them troubleshoot my computer. I called them and they ask about 4 questions and said they would send me out a new cable for free and they did. It worked great the first try. Anyway what I'm trying to say is if you have preator interface kit problems call Diablosport even if you didn't buy thru them.
Rick

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just bought the same thing from maryland speed and had the same problem. after countless hours i gave up. I tried every driver diablosport had thinking it was me not installing the right driver, cause i have windows xp i read tons of people still having issues. I"ll try maryland speed and try to get a new one or go to radio shack and by one. good post.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maryland speed gave me a number to call Diablosport and talk to someone that can accually tell you what's going on. You have to email Maryland Speed and tell them to call you. I had tried emailing Diablosport and got genatic answers every time. When I talked to the person it took less that 10 min to determan my cable was bad and they sent me a new on at no charge and I had it in 3 days. I think the # was the normal # but they said to tell them Maryland speed told you to call.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Went to radio shack and picked up a gigaware cable with included software disk and worked perfect. I just couldn't wait to have another cable shipped out. I have windows xp and from what i gather the drivers from diablo's site didn't work right with new cable but worked with included disk with gigaware cable. Hope this helps for people getting ready to buy the tuner and at least know what to expect.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Just ordered predator + interface from there last night. Starting to get nervous with all the problems I have been reading about.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had no problems with my predator and after I called diablosport isread of emailing them I had a new cable and could use the interface. if you have a computer with a serial port you don't need the interface kit at all.

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
I had the same problem (NOT from Maryland Speed, bought interface kit off of ebay months after buying predator locally) and kept thinking that it HAD to work because it was sold as a bundle FOR the predator.

Turns out it was an unsupported USB/serial cable. (At least for windows 7)

Same deal, spent hours before I remembered I have one for my work laptop. Went out to my work truck and got it, plugged it in and it worked immediately. Needless to say I was extremely happy until I thought about all the time I wasted.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts