Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This question may have been asked before, I wants to get a predator tuner for my 6-speed challenger srt8. Will I see/feel a difference in the car. Is it worth the money. I just want a honest opinion.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
The two main benefits you'll have are being able to change the fan settings with a lower thermostat and being able to change to the 91 diablo tune. You might not notice much difference from a "seat of your pants" driving standpoint as auto guys feel, however, there is a difference when the numbers are posted on the dyno.

The predator is the groundwork for future modification tuning for things like a CAI, cam, heads, exhaust etc. If you are planning really big for the future with a supercharger, the predator comes with those packages.

In all, seems like the skip shift eliminator is a big one for 6-speeds right off the bat.

This question may have been asked before, I wants to get a predator tuner for my 6-speed challenger srt8. Will I see/feel a difference in the car. Is it worth the money. I just want a honest opinion.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Do you ever drive in traffic? Ever notice a "hesitation" or "lurch" at low speeds that you just can't figure out why? Do you hate that dastardly skip-shift?

The skip-shift will be gone - right off the bat. If you've noticed the "hesitation" or "lurch" at low speeds - the difference in driving will be night and day. It was for me!

·
Premium Member
10,155 Posts
The Predator is always a mod I recommend to everyone, Auto or 6 Speed. It does increase your power, gives you options to change your rev limiter, change settings for a Thermostat (which I recommend as well) AND turns off the SKip Shift.

All in all.... definitely worth it!

Let me know if I can help! We are offering free shipping on everything in our store (Speedlogix | SpeedlogixStore.com) now through Monday night! So no better time then the present to pick one up!

·
Registered
474 Posts
Glad I read this thread – I have a skip shift eliminator installed on my 6 sp. Do I need to remove it if I loaded a Predator tune? I did not know that the Predator removed the skip shift. Is the skip shift eliminator an option that can be selected or is it automatically loaded with the canned tunes resulting in the need to remove the physical device I have already installed?

·
Premium Member
10,155 Posts
Glad I read this thread – I have a skip shift eliminator installed on my 6 sp. Do I need to remove it if I loaded a Predator tune? I did not know that the Predator removed the skip shift. Is the skip shift eliminator an option that can be selected or is it automatically loaded with the canned tunes resulting in the need to remove the physical device I have already installed?
You will want to unplug the Skip Shift with a Predator Tune in the car, you could run into some issues if no. And with the Predator Tunes it automatically turns the Skip Shift off, no option for you to select - it is written in the tune :)

·
Registered
474 Posts
You will want to unplug the Skip Shift with a Predator Tune in the car, you could run into some issues if no. And with the Predator Tunes it automatically turns the Skip Shift off, no option for you to select - it is written in the tune :)
Thank you.... I got my skip shift eliminator it from you - want to buy it back? (kidding)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the quick reply guys...i was very helpful. I will be getting the tuner, i got some big plans for the car.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Just about time for me to pull the trigger on some mods myself. Thinking Predator, the new Mopar intake long tube, 180 TSTAT, and a catch can.
Thinking exhaust or maybe just the resonator delete... If the exhaust will truly only be a sound enhancement and not performance then I'm thinking just the resonator delete.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Just about time for me to pull the trigger on some mods myself. Thinking Predator, the new Mopar intake long tube, 180 TSTAT, and a catch can.
Thinking exhaust or maybe just the resonator delete... If the exhaust will truly only be a sound enhancement and not performance then I'm thinking just the resonator delete.
I don't know if you can get a kit with all that stuff in it or not but if your just getting the predator look at Maryland speed. They were the most reasonable and had it to the door quickly.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
The Predator is always a mod I recommend to everyone, Auto or 6 Speed. It does increase your power, gives you options to change your rev limiter, change settings for a Thermostat (which I recommend as well) AND turns off the SKip Shift.

All in all.... definitely worth it!

Let me know if I can help! We are offering free shipping on everything in our store (Speedlogix | SpeedlogixStore.com) now through Monday night! So no better time then the present to pick one up!
Nice timing as I have the Predator in the in basket along with the pc interface, t-stat and Moroso catch can. Am I missing anything else?

I also want the ability to adjust for a change the tire size. I think the Predator allows for this. Can it turn the TPMS off?

Also, what are the risks of things going wrong with the Predator?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts