Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if im switching from the 91 tune to the 93 tune do i have to go back to stock first or can i switch between the two...also is there a big difference between them?????

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
if im switching from the 91 tune to the 93 tune do i have to go back to stock first or can i switch between the two...also is there a big difference between them?????
You lijkely won't notice a difference. You don't need to go to stock, you just need to make sure you're running 93 fuel.

I recently went back to my stock tune and just changed a few things around, optimized it for the 87 fuel I get here doing some data logging. With the throttle sensitivity setting in the latest release feels that same as when I was running the 91 tune (So Cal = no 93 gas).

I don't know what the difference would be if any on a dyno, but I am also just speeding to and from work, so I don't particularly care about number. It just needs to feel right.

·
Banned
1,340 Posts
if you are going to run the 93 tune you need to run 93 octane gas.

most of the time for the raod I ran the 89 tune and it performed pretty good for the street.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I was running the 93 tune but it started tripping the knock sensor over the winter. Switched to the 91 tune with 93 octane gas. I think it might actually be running better on the 91 tune.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts