Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just updated my Trinity and applied full (20) to my 09 SRT auto and WOW it's amazing now! It's ready to POUNCE! They should have included this a long time ago, it's worth it to buy the thing just for that!

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
Yup, I updated my Predator and bumped throttle boost to 20 on my R/T and it's friggin amazing the change.

My only problem now is gas mileage sucks because I love hearing my Solo Perf exhaust and now that I can accelerate like a raped ape, I've always got my foot in it.

Mike

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Yup, I updated my Predator and bumped throttle boost to 20 on my R/T and it's friggin amazing the change.

My only problem now is gas mileage sucks because I love hearing my Solo Perf exhaust and now that I can accelerate like a raped ape, I've always got my foot in it.

Mike
Hehe, funny to mention, but my gas mileage started to suck too after bumping it up.

Guess you gotta pay to play. :smokin:

·
Registered
89 Posts
I just updated my Trinity and applied full (20) to my 09 SRT auto and WOW it's amazing now! It's ready to POUNCE! They should have included this a long time ago, it's worth it to buy the thing just for that!
is this new, i have never heard of this. could some explian what it is. does it have to do with the adaptive throttle learning?

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
is this feature for the diablo preditor or the trinity?
It's for both and apparently only works on auto's. Go to the Diablo website and download the .9rv28 CROM for Predator (not sure what it is for Trinity).

Works great.

Mike

·
Registered
330 Posts
so you cant do anything to boost the throttle on a 6 speed? any one here have a 6 speed srt and notice any real gains or power from the preditor?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Actually it works for both stick and auto- I had mine changed as part of the cam install/dyno tune.

I have mine also cranked to the max and I'm thinking about dialing it back a bit- it's a bit edgy for most street driving. I can see it for sure for track work though.

·
Banned
1,540 Posts
I found the sweet spot on my car dialed up to 13 percent. It's as sensitive as I would want on the street. CF2 though, well, we'll see. :browsmiley:

Jack

·
Registered
216 Posts
I do not have one of these devices. So what does "dialed up to 13 percent" mean? Does it just rescale the throttle position vs pedal position? e.g. half way down pedal is now 'full throttle'?
This is generally what I had heard in the past how people are approaching the throttle issues. There is also a dedicated device that will do just this once you install it.

Thanks,
cr

·
Banned
903 Posts
I have a Trinity sitting here waiting on my LMI CAI to get here before I install it. So can someone confirm that the Throttle boost feature works on the 6speed cars also?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Throttle Boost

Where is the throttle boost application on the Diablo Predator? I have updated to the crom (9rv28). Is it the WOT fuel selection where you can select the richness or lean amount for? If so, I have an SRT8 six speed and where should it be running (rich or lean) for the RPM ranges? Currently, they are all set at zero.

Your help is appreciated!

Nick

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Where is the throttle boost application on the Diablo Predator? I have updated to the crom (9rv28). Is it the WOT fuel selection where you can select the richness or lean amount for? If so, I have an SRT8 six speed and where should it be running (rich or lean) for the RPM ranges? Currently, they are all set at zero.

Your help is appreciated!

Nick
this feature was unfortunately never intended for us 6 speed guys, but some are able to use it by a screw up from diablo. those that have access to it with their 6 speed all rave about it, but diablo claims the ones they tested made theirs "run like crap." 426hemicuda (a 6 speed guy that has access to it and says it works great) sent Mike from diablo his tune and we havent heard a thing back. i just hope they release it in future croms to allow 6 speed guys the option to run it or not.

·
Registered
312 Posts
So I just installed my Predator with the older prgoram (2010 Rt 6spd program 27?? I think). Took it for a quick spin, and it runs great. I still want to add a 180 t-stat, but can I download this throttle option?? I did notice some of the lag was gone, but I also had the engine rpms climb to over 3k while shifting (I presume for relearning???) Can I down load this latest and greatest and have the throttle boost option?

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
gee, i wonder what would happen if i used the predator with the sprint booster?
Damage to the space/time continuum, or a check engine light.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts